If you had to choose only one

Would it be Mobil 0-40 or Castrol 0-40?
IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_7090 (1).jpg

The Mobil 1 for sure. Simply personal preference though. I have used it for years and never had a oil related failure. Pretty good stuff really. Get it on Amazon and save a little money.

I personally prefer Mobil over BP/Castrol but I've used both and wouldn't hesitate to purchase whichever is the better deal, as they are interchangeable.

Castrol Edge 0W40 is my choice, I’ve been using Castrol synthetics since the ’90s, they were called Formula RS and Formula R back then, and before that it was Castrol TXT.

My other choice would be Shell Helix Ultra 5W40, which I believe is call Pennzoil Platinum Euro where you live. It carries all the OEMs BMW LL-01, MB 229.5, Porsche A40, etc

Nothing wrong with M1, but it has always been over priced in my local market, over $100 for 5L. I can get the SHU for about half of that, and it is the top shelf Shell product.

To be honest, my fave oil right now is Castrol Edge 5W30 A3/B4, it carries MB 229.5 and BMW LL-01.

Compared to M1 0W40, they both have a HTHS of 3.6 cP and they both carry about 1000 ppm ZDDP.

It also regularly comes on sale around me, I’ve picked some up for as low as $30 for 5L.

Back