I went to the gun shop yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Any way it was lunch and a stop at the gun store. The shelves were stocked with a variety of ammo. Cases of 115 fmj type 9 mm were 34.5 cents per round and the display cases pistols and the rifles were full really full. I haven't been to a gun store for almost two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Any way it was lunch and a stop at the gun store. The shelves were stocked with a variety of ammo. Cases of 115 fmj type 9 mm were 34.5 cents per round and the display cases pistols and the rifles were full really full. I haven't been to a gun store for almost two years
Lucky you are in Idaho.

Ouch 35cpr

:(
By todays standards that is a extremely good price for a Brick and mortar store.

It about I paid for my last case of brass 9mm FMJ ordering online

Even Tula 9mm is 32 cpr.
Of course in 9mm at least Tula is actually respectable unlike in 357 Magnum or .223.

Even though....shrug, I was at a training course contracted by my work the other month and the facility gave us all Tula .223 for our M4s some of which were brand new and we had no failures due to ammo..
And as a group we went through maybe 6000 rounds.

I was very surprised especially since M4s are tighter in the gas system than many commercial AR15 , which often are tuned to flow a bit more gas.
So may be that Tula has been getting better over the years?

In the past after a few bad experiences I figured them not good enugh for even training ammo and used Wolf made in Barnaul instead.
only 1 penny pr more but much better ammo.

Ammo is slowly going down.

I see a lot more ammo on the shelves but some of it leaves me puzzled. All around here ammo shelves seem loaded with 30 carbine, for example, but I have not seen a box of .30-30 in a long time.

By todays standards that is a extremely good price for a Brick and mortar store.

It about I paid for my last case of brass 9mm FMJ ordering online

Even Tula 9mm is 32 cpr.
Of course in 9mm at least Tula is actually respectable unlike in 357 Magnum or .223.

Even though....shrug, I was at a training course contracted by my work the other month and the facility gave us all Tula .223 for our M4s some of which were brand new and we had no failures due to ammo..
And as a group we went through maybe 6000 rounds.

I was very surprised especially since M4s are tighter in the gas system than many commercial AR15 , which often are tuned to flow a bit more gas.
So may be that Tula has been getting better over the years?

In the past after a few bad experiences I figured them not good enugh for even training ammo and used Wolf made in Barnaul instead.
only 1 penny pr more but much better ammo.

Ammo is slowly going down.
I'm well aware. Tula 9mm is down to 27cpr online btw, not including shipping....or 29cpr with shipping.

The only issue I've ever had with Wolf/Tula .223 is that it's dirty as **** but never had any issues with firing it, only dirtying up and gumming up the rifle.

I see a lot more ammo on the shelves but some of it leaves me puzzled. All around here ammo shelves seem loaded with 30 carbine, for example, but I have not seen a box of .30-30 in a long time.
Right you are. Of calibers I pay attention to, the old 30/30 has been easily the hardest to find over the last couple of years. I really don't understand why.

Right you are. Of calibers I pay attention to, the old 30/30 has been easily the hardest to find over the last couple of years. I really don't understand why.
Yes, ammo seems to be slowly returning but reloading components, especially powder and primers are just not available in my area or on line.

steel or brass 9mm and what brand? thats a very competitive price.
Brass bulk in 1000 round cases. I just looked and the price tag and the opened box and the cartridges were in a clear plastic bag. I am not sure on the brand.

...Any way it was lunch and a stop at the gun store. The shelves were stocked with a variety of ammo. Cases of 115 fmj type 9 mm were 34.5 cents per round and the display cases pistols and the rifles were full really full. I haven't been to a gun store for almost two years.
Amy prices have really dropped the last few months here in California. That's about the same as what I'm paying for 38 special boxes. Kind of strange. I'm hearing the prices are all over the place depending on what state you live.

so on that ammoseek link what was the best price for new brass casing ammo? shipped with tax.

I can get it at cabelas for ~~.35 which I thought was quite good.. most small gunshops were .45-.50 a few months back.

so on that ammoseek link what was the best price for new brass casing ammo? shipped with tax.

I can get it at cabelas for ~~.35 which I thought was quite good.. most small gunshops were .45-.50 a few months back.
looks like Turan new brass shipped 31.3cpr

Subtotal$299.00
Shipping
  • FedEx Ground: $14.43
Shipping to tyman's house
Change address
Total$313.43

or another place has new brass for 31cpr free ship

I'm well aware. Tula 9mm is down to 27cpr online btw, not including shipping....or 29cpr with shipping.

The only issue I've ever had with Wolf/Tula .223 is that it's dirty as **** but never had any issues with firing it, only dirtying up and gumming up the rifle.
I had a lot of issues with Tula 55gr years ago.

Zero issues with Wolf Military Classic (the best steel IMO) howver.
Also in my experience for some reason the 62gr Wolf (no penetrator) seems better loaded than the 55gr as evidenced by the ejection pattern.
Brown bear and Silver bear are the same ammo as wolf military classic only different coating.

the price of 38sp ammo hasn’t retreated yet and wadcutter is unobtanium. being a revolver guy kinda hurts these days. at least i have a ruger blackhawk convertible revolver and bond arms derringer that eat 9mm. i mostly shoot 22lr these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back