I went shooting today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I went to the shooting range. I'm well-stocked on ammo so that's not an excuse to not shoot. Been playing a lot of golf but taking a break from that and the weather is not golf friendly. Took my 9mm and 22 pistol. Left the .22 Winchester white box ammo at home at took the Winchester M-22 ammo. Wow. What a difference in my Buckmark pistol. The regular Winchester ammo caused a lot of stove pipes and a few fail to fires. The M-22 ammo was almost flawless. Just had one little failure to eject when I was doing some rapid fire shooting.

The M&P 9mm continues to impress. Fired a variety of FMJ ammo through it.

I do have a bias when I shoot. I either hit the target or I miss at 9 o'clock. Seems that is caused by too little trigger finger. I tried to practice pulling my trigger finger straight back and that seemed to help.

The range was pretty crowded. People were cool. Only had one "operator" on the line.

Fun stuff. I find it hard to believe that I haven't gone in like four years!

I had the same problem with the WWB in my new 9mm shield. Ditched the WWB and haven't had a failure of any kind since. My son and I shot my new Beretta 92FS today as well as my new to me LC Smith double barrel. Both guns are a pleasure to shoot. Glad to know the M-22 ammo works well in the Buckmark.

I use the Blazer ammo in my Shield for target shooting. Never a problem. I need to get out and do some shooting soon.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
I had the same problem with the WWB in my new 9mm shield. Ditched the WWB and haven't had a failure of any kind since. My son and I shot my new Beretta 92FS today as well as my new to me LC Smith double barrel. Both guns are a pleasure to shoot. Glad to know the M-22 ammo works well in the Buckmark.

I also brought some Federal auto match target ammo with me but never opened the box.

Originally Posted By: supton

Been at least a year for me.

Always amazes me how polite everyone is at the gun range. Well, either very polite or kind of wacky.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: supton

Been at least a year for me.

Always amazes me how polite everyone is at the gun range. Well, either very polite or kind of wacky.
. LOL! When everyone around you is carrying a loaded gun maybe............wait....you might be onto something!

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: gman2304

I also brought some Federal auto match target ammo with me but never opened the box.
That is good ammo but far from match.

Winchester had some problems with M22 ammo a while back, excessive failure to fire rate (duds) and some lots had double powder charge. On a 22 rimfire forum there were some reports of excessive barrel leading. Might want to keep an eye on the barrel.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Winchester had some problems with M22 ammo a while back, excessive failure to fire rate (duds) and some lots had double powder charge. On a 22 rimfire forum there were some reports of excessive barrel leading. Might want to keep an eye on the barrel.

Thanks for the info, i have some but have not shot it yet. When i do, i'll check the barrel after a few mags.

I most likely won't get to the range until after the holidays. Being retired I'm spoiled having the whole place to myself on weekday mornings. From now until after New Years the place will be crowded with guys off from work, all wanting to try out their new guns. I'm no different, as I've got 2 new CZ's I want to crank up. I'll wait until after the holidays. Besides, it's really been cold here these last few mornings. It's 36 F outside as I type this. Hopefully this cold will get out of here next week.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I most likely won't get to the range until after the holidays. Being retired I'm spoiled having the whole place to myself on weekday mornings. From now until after New Years the place will be crowded with guys off from work, all wanting to try out their new guns. I'm no different, as I've got 2 new CZ's I want to crank up. I'll wait until after the holidays. Besides, it's really been cold here these last few mornings. It's 36 F outside as I type this. Hopefully this cold will get out of here next week.

The place I usually shoot is an indoor range but it's not heated. It's quite cold in the winter and hot in the summer.

What CZ's did you get? I tried a CZ polymer pistol and every casing hit me in the forehead They said the extractor was bent. Hope you have better luck.

Merry Xmas!

I’ve given up on Winchester White box. Too many failures, and few damaged cases that I happened to catch while loading mags.

This is Geco ammo, in .38 Super. Made in Hungary. Good stuff!

Thank you again, Sam Gabbert at SGAmmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back