I was thinking earlier, I wonder which were the last of the "Made in Japan" Japanese cars, by year make, and model?

before they shifted production to the US?
Looks like most people are missing that part 😂

Our 2002 Honda Accord we drove until mid 2020 had "made in Japan" stamped all over body panels.
I had a '99 Accord that was made in Japan but my understanding was they simply imported those here because the Marysville OH plant could make them fast enough. Honda had been building them here since the mid-80s or so and by the late 90s, there were North American versions, EU versions, and a Japanese version, each built more or less "locally".

The new Corolla Cross Hybrid is assembled at MTMUS. The Mazda hybrids will come from there as well.
so most likely, that's is why they build that manufacturing facility with Mazda

I was referring to this point of manufacturing, excluding '23 models :D

Lexus, they all are coming from Japan unless it is a RX model; yet, I dare to note, if it is a RX Hybrid, its probably Made in Japan

I had thought that only the 4Runner and most Lexus were Japan sourced, but perhaps that's just the NA market. I also thought, maybe incorrectly, that all Camry's were US made since '83. I don't know if that is still a thing, but I read in R&T decades ago, that Camry and Accord could not be sold in the JDM because they were too wide for "Tokyo Spec". I suppose there's a way around that as Chrysler 300's were said to be popular in Tokyo.

My Scion XB2 and XD are both Japan sourced. Shortly after Toyota bought the companies that manufactured cars for them. The XB was a Corolla chassis from the main Kanto plant. Sold here, but also in Japan and Australia as Corolla Rumion and Corolla Rukus. The XD 's were made around Fukushima by a Kanto subsidiary. Also sold in Europe as a Toyota Urban Cruiser.

I'm not a 100% sure but I think if it is a hybrid and Toyota it got to be Made in Japan
All Rav4 Hybrids are now made in kentucky and the Canadian plant. In very early 2019 - the first year of that generation, the hybrids all came from Japan but that changed fairly quickly as well - like a few months after launch.

I do believe all the plug in hybrid rav4's still come from Japan, but they have only sold a handful.

All Rav4 Hybrids are now made in kentucky and the Canadian plant. In very early 2019 - the first year of that generation, the hybrids all came from Japan but that changed fairly quickly as well - like a few months after launch.

I do believe all the plug in hybrid rav4's still come from Japan, but they have only sold a handful.
I believe RAV4 Prime is Japanese made.

all my mazdas were made and are made in japan, including my 2021 mazda 3 gt sedan turbo awd.
They’re back.

7BEB63CA-BDBF-40B1-9273-8F654AB613AC.jpg

The Corolla mostly come from Japan now, CUV’s are the thing. The days are numbered for sedans in the US.

Looks like most people are missing that part 😂

I had a '99 Accord that was made in Japan but my understanding was they simply imported those here because the Marysville OH plant could make them fast enough. Honda had been building them here since the mid-80s or so and by the late 90s, there were North American versions, EU versions, and a Japanese version, each built more or less "locally".
Probably it because every other + the two we currently own all have "assembled in USA."

Back