I Thought Blackberry Was Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gebo
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
10 years worth of BBRY. Not exactly dead, but I wouldn't want to be a stockholder.

buy low, sell high..This is exactly why you should consider investing in BBRY. The new CEO just took over a couple of years ago. He, John Chen, has a remarkable track record in turning things around.

Being low isn't an indicator of value, and the new CEO hasn't done anything at BBRY to impress this investor. Their quarterly reports since he took the helm in 2013 are lackluster, unless you're seeing something that I'm not.

PRIV was a failure, sales continue to drop, and they have relegated themselves to barely a software company to a limited market (high security business?). Hard to imagine much upside to Blackberry and at best they will remain a tiny niche player.

Gebo..what will they think of next? ..How about Dial car phones.
Are you a paid representative of BB?

Seriously they are the equal of Betamax compared to VHS. Betamax was the superior system..but we know how it crashed and burned.

To each his own..enjoy it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
PRIV was a failure, sales continue to drop, and they have relegated themselves to barely a software company to a limited market (high security business?). Hard to imagine much upside to Blackberry and at best they will remain a tiny niche player.

There is some truth in what you are saying. I just am amazed at what people say when they see my Passport and me typing on a actual keyboard. Just thought I'd share a little info. Actually, things aren't looking good for Apple when you get right down to it.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I don't know anything about their latest android offerings, but my Z30 running their own BB10 system has been excellent so far for about three years now. It's still nice and snappy and the OS is pretty much rock solid.

I'm feeling your joy! There are so many people who don't know what they are missing....

Originally Posted By: Al
Gebo..what will they think of next? ..How about Dial car phones.
Are you a paid representative of BB?

Seriously they are the equal of Betamax compared to VHS. Betamax was the superior system..but we know how it crashed and burned.

To each his own..enjoy it.

Just keep watching BB. I'm a Pastor that is off on Mondays....Well, except today as I have a funeral at 2 pm. Gotta go. Peace out.

I had BB for many years and good riddance the little trackballs would go bad all the time. They lost out BC they locked in their market share with proprietary software and stopped evolutionary development in order reap massive profits. Apple has played that game before and paid the price and most likely will again. Consumer gravity always pulls toward open platforms and will take that first offramp that appears. Cable TV's days are numbered for the same reason. Good luck BB

Last edited:
Naw, Blackberry survived the battle with General Woundwort and Efrafa.

Oh.

Wait.

(I always liked the way the BlackBerry looked in the stores, with all the little buttons.)

Likely the buttons will be too small for my fingers, but I certainly like the idea of a phone with buttons!

This is appropriate size for me

600.jpg

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
Cable TV's days are numbered for the same reason. Good luck BB

More like years. Bandwidth is tough to get around.

I like a physical keyboard, but Blackberry was never an option when I replaced my elderly Kyocera Rise a couple months ago...just no availability.

The Priv does have a slide out keyboard which is cool. Blackberry should've switched to android with their own skin and security features a long time ago. The lack of apps for bbos compared to apple and android was killing them. Though they did make a lot of other foolish mistakes (blackberry storm, anyone?) I'm afraid it's too little too late now.

I had a q10 and liked it till the earpiece speaker died. I'm back to iPhone now.

You guys are right on this, wow.

Like I've mentioned before, if less campy and catchy user names were picked it would be harder to detect.

Loving my BlackBerry Passport. It may be too masculine for some...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TheExpectorate

Will the Blackberry Passport Android be a hit

I think it's too little too late. The time for Blackberry to go Android was at least 6 years ago, they should have created a super secure email app that would have maintained all their corporate and government users, but they've long left for ios and Android.

BB simply won't be able to grab a spot with android... At this point it's really just Samsung and Apple who are the major players in the smartphone world.

LG is struggling to impress consumers with their flagships (G5/V10)... same goes with HTC, but they are in a worse spot than LG. The phones aren't bad, they are good... They are just not undercutting Samsung pricing enough to make people switch over. And Samsung nowadays is just outdoing every other android manufacture in both hardware specs and build quality (this used to be samsungs weak spot).

Samsung doesn't source out many parts. Displays, CPUs, ram, flash storage... All their own. How can other manufacturers be as competitive? It's tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back