I think I've had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit, I hit this section before anything else. Like another mentioned above, I first came here to pick my future oil. I did and now I just kind of surf around and post a question from time to time.

GMBoy, I hope I'm not the one that pushed you over the edge. My post in response to you and V1 was actually an attempt at satire. I actually agree with you completely.

Sorry to hear that man....you are a valued source of good inside info.

Hope you decide to come back soon...maybe when they add that third shift you'll get a little more time.

When I read comments and threads such as this one, I always wonder what did I miss??? I know some people get into some heated discussions (see the comments on WW under the cooling thread or American/Import discussions), but for the most part I don't notice any serious bashing.

I don't know how it used it be around here though. I do understand that the "way it used to be" syndrome can be a dangerous one. Nothing is ever how it used to be and it disappoints us.

I do, however, understand that taking a break from discussions boards is a good idea. Our life at home, relationships, and work is much more important than this.

I, much like greenaccord02, am more intrigued in the other topics and like to read those discussions. Without them, I'd never have attempted changing my transmission fluid, PSF, adding magnefine filters, etc. From recommendations such as Johnny, I've been able to solve some noises on my truck with the proper grease. These little things go a long way in my book and the people here can be a resource to anybody willing to try to be more independent and DIY.

Maybe I just see the good and it outweighs the bad.

bigmike,

I believe that what most refer to as the "way it used to be" involved much more factual data with folks that had actual credibility such as STLE, etc. A lot more of the noise was suppressed as folks quickly shot down nonsense & that was the end of it. Now, there are many which subscribe to testimonials rather than industry sources that actually do this for a living & are good at it (at least in that particular arena).

As I have said to someone else, # of clicks rules now...

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Your a awesome guy and help alot of people [including me] so please stick around.

Thank you. I get a personal gratification in helping people and extend my help to anyone here as well.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Don't go! There aren't many people on this board that I take seriously, and you're one that I do.

I believe having good members are what make it worth our while to stick around this forum, or any forum for that matter.

But, if you go, I wish you the best.

Wow, I had no idea somebody took me seriously LOL! Thanks!

Originally Posted By: ksJoe
Your a awesome guy and help alot of people [including me] so please stick around.

Well, that's one response...

Or, in the interest of stopping the frequent departures, why not just organize a 1 week boycott by everyone willing to participate. No posting, no checking or reading, no hits to the website at all.

Now THAT would be neat! But I'm sure there's a rule somewhere...LOL!

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

Hope you decide to come back soon...maybe when they add that third shift you'll get a little more time.

Thanks! and yeah 60-70 hour weeks are taking their toll, but better to be overworked than to have no work, right? I always enjoyed backing you up (and you backing me up) around here on this board....just a shame WE ARE always the one's to get banned or PM'd a warning while the others go unscathed because the mod took their position.

Thanks guys, all that posted here. It really meant a lot to read your responses - I didn't really expect anybody to respond.

Anyhow - I think I made my point (even if it wasn't clear). This place is getting crazy. For example, just recently I made one remark in a post (yes, poor judgement on my part but it wasn't all bad either) and I get a "stern" PM from a moderator (thanks Mr. Wilson). This happens at times and yet other people are allowed to go free. I think it depends on which view the moderator agrees with. That is what started pushing my buttons. Not that the bashing wasn't bad too, LOL!

I'll be hanging around, but not as intensely and I started staying out of certain topics months ago and will continue to moderate what I post about. It's just not worth it. I hate drama, stupid people, and liberals. Things that are all present here sometimes, LOL! Some people try to drag you into arguments - I'm not gonna take the bait. Move on and let trolls strike elsewhere.

Another stone turned, another day gone. Moving on!

Come on dude- ya need to stick around I always look forward to your posts and opinions on things. I will say in response to your last post, I've gotten a few PMs over the months about stuff I've posted, no biggy.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Well, that's one response...

Or, in the interest of stopping the frequent departures, why not just organize a 1 week boycott by everyone willing to participate. No posting, no checking or reading, no hits to the website at all.

Now THAT would be neat! But I'm sure there's a rule somewhere...LOL!

Hmmm, maybe I should have checked the rules before I started this thread:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1810579

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Come on dude- ya need to stick around I always look forward to your posts and opinions on things. I will say in response to your last post, I've gotten a few PMs over the months about stuff I've posted, no biggy.

In retrospect, rudolphna, you are right. I just got hit at the wrong time...tired, cranky, and throw in a PM and BAM! I'm off the chain. I'm ok now
cheers3.gif

FWIW, I always enjoyed your posts. IIRC, I often didn't necessarily agree with your posts, but I thought they were knowledgeable and very much worth reading.

FWIW, I always enjoyed your posts. IIRC, I often didn't necessarily agree with your posts, but I thought they were knowledgeable and very much worth reading.

Why thanks-same can be said for you
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: cfromc
GMBoy, I hope I'm not the one that pushed you over the edge. My post in response to you and V1 was actually an attempt at satire. I actually agree with you completely.

Oh no way - you're cool! Never thought anything bad of you.

Thanks! and yeah 60-70 hour weeks are taking their toll, but better to be overworked than to have no work, right? I always enjoyed backing you up (and you backing me up) around here on this board....just a shame WE ARE always the one's to get banned or PM'd a warning while the others go unscathed because the mod took their position.

...Here's to treading on thin ice...
34.gif

...Here's to treading on thin ice...
34.gif

Amen to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back