I Think I Got Rid Of My Ant Problem

Also Bifenthrin works very well. Poured along foundations even if you’ve got mulch right along the foundation which is a no no I’m told. It really knocks out ant activity infiltrating into the house. I mix 1 oz to 1 gallon and pour it along the foundation. Doesn’t stain and works well.

Carpenter ants are very tough little critters to get rid of. I used Syngenta Advion Ant Bait Gel to get rid of the carpenter ants I had. This is a professional product that contains DuPont's Indoxacarb. It was the only thing I found that worked. One use and I haven't seen them since. This is also supposed to work well on other ant species.

I bought 2 tubes of that and it didn't work on the Carpenter Ants

I'm sure that will kill about anything around. Plus it's like $ 70
There is a generic version. Taurus SC.

If you use the fipronil products like above, do not mix them stronger. You want it carried back to the colony. Its not for knockdown.

I usually use this then about 2 weeks later i use onslaught fast cap.

This is what you want! Termites, ants, scorpions etc. I buy it at DoMyOwn dot comView attachment 115391
I spray the interior baseboards and around the outside of my slab with Bifenthrin (Talstar Pro or Bifen IT) for scorpions, spiders (including Brown Recluse), other ants, roaches, termites, fleas, ticks, and every other crawling bug you can think of. It is better than Termidor. It is also a professional product that is used by most exterminators, and it works great, except for carpenter ants. It kills the ants alright but it doesn't kill the colony. To kill a carpenter ant colony you need a bait that the foraging ants take back to the colony. Syngenta Advion Ant Bait Gel kills the colony. I promise you that it works. It also works like gangbusters on sugar ants, crazy ants, and roaches.

Yea. I’m on a slab so there’s less carpenter ants. I get the small, fast moving sugar ants. Terro is great inside and the Bifen soak outside. if I catch them early I can knock them down.

There is a generic version. Taurus SC.
I'm sure there's better products than Combat but it's only $7 vs $60 for the Taurus and has the same active ingredient. All I'm gonna say is......it sure seems to do the job.

A product by Bonide always worked for me with carpenter ants. I could never get tero or borax to work specifically with carpenter ants.

Sorry if I missed it above. IMO, the bigger problem is, if you've got a really bad infestation of carpenter ants in your home, you've got damp wood somewhere. They don't typically set up shop in/around dry wood.

Back