I test drove a 2011 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Somehow I get the feeling your definition of the "truly rich" and mine would not be the same.

I get your sentiment and agree with it...but this isn't a supercar with very limited utility we are talking about here. These are pony cars with a healthy dose of performance mixed with some family utility. Someone living on a middle class income who has properly mangaed that income over the years should easily be able to afford these cars.

THANK YOU LS2!!
I paid < $20K for my f body new, could FULLY WELL afford it without making ANYONE in my family "do without", and took 2 kids, and all of their gear to EVERY hockey game they had (one was even a GOALIE!!!!) with this ride.
It also got/gets the same or BETTER highway mileage than most "affordable" economy/"family" cars as well.
wink.gif

^ Agreed. Nobody ever said you can't use one of these as a DD / family hauler. We're not exactly talking about a 2 seater or anything here.

The main point is that it really isn't anyone's business what someone does with THEIR money. If they choose to live deep in debt, it's THEIR choice, and THEIR right to make that choice.

I find it best to stick to my own business and live my life the way I see fit without casting stones on how someone else lives their life.

Gosh, what a bland life some must lead if every life decison must be a emotion-less calculation, based on a practicality/return on investment/pure-needs basis.

I wanted a Mustang in '85 when I was 20....$12k for the car -but-$2k per year insurance....not gonna happen. Now that I'm older, no problem affording the car.

However, I manage my monthly expenses very closely...no expensive cable TV, use pre-paid cell phones, make my own morning coffee/brown bag lunch to work, maxed-out the 401k/IRA contributions etc. I want to have enough to spend on some fun things too while I can enjoy them.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
The main point is that it really isn't anyone's business what someone does with THEIR money. If they choose to live deep in debt, it's THEIR choice, and THEIR right to make that choice.

I find it best to stick to my own business and live my life the way I see fit without casting stones on how someone else lives their life.

Well, it's going to become your business when these expensive toy buyers default...you and me will pay for the downfall of others. And even if they don't default, we pay the price for their neglicted chidlren.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Somehow I get the feeling your definition of the "truly rich" and mine would not be the same.

I get your sentiment and agree with it...but this isn't a supercar with very limited utility we are talking about here. These are pony cars with a healthy dose of performance mixed with some family utility. Someone living on a middle class income who has properly mangaed that income over the years should easily be able to afford these cars.

THANK YOU LS2!!
I paid < $20K for my f body new, could FULLY WELL afford it without making ANYONE in my family "do without", and took 2 kids, and all of their gear to EVERY hockey game they had (one was even a GOALIE!!!!) with this ride.
It also got/gets the same or BETTER highway mileage than most "affordable" economy/"family" cars as well.
wink.gif

Since you didn't pay $33,000+ I was not referring to guys like yourself.....and I would hope that you have a college fund well in place and funded for your children, as well as 6+ months at least of savings :)

Last edited:
Sorry, but this is still America and not the People's Republic of Kalifornia and with freedom comes personal responsibilities and not a nanny state. It is not my responsibility to tell a grown adult how they should live their life and manage their finances.

I don't know why you felt the need to come into an automotive forum and post these rants about others. It is very presumptuous of you to assume that most people that drive sports cars are neglecting their families because they drive a sports car.

I myself have always driven mostly V8 Mustangs and I will drive whatever I want to drive. And unless you are writing the checks, its really none of your business.

Originally Posted By: lovcom
Originally Posted By: JasonC

Well, it's going to become your business when these expensive toy buyers default...you and me will pay for the downfall of others. And even if they don't default, we pay the price for their neglicted chidlren.

One baseless assumption after another...what a bunch of derp-derp.

[/quote]

Oh, and a man that needs his wife to work too, is a man that cannot afford a family. To leave child care to strangers is shameful. Children are first....not one's selfish desires and wants. [/quote]

So, i'm less of a man because I let my wife follow her dream of being a school teacher? You really like hearing yourself talk. To bad nobody is really is buying your [censored].

Wow, with the mighty Toyota Camry "family car" going for near 30K in reasonable trim, a Mustang GT is not that much more. Frivolous? Hardly. Slightly more expensive overall? Yes.

Life is short, within reason, drive what you enjoy. You'll be spending a lot of time in that car...

I could be "Mr. Basic" and drive a practical car. "Got a rug in my house, don't need one in my car" type thinking. Vinyl floor mats are just fine. So is an AM radio and crank windows. Everything beyond that is a luxury car. It's all a matter of degree. So, get off it and enjoy life a bit. Enjoy the power, the sound, the quick response, the good looks, the attention. And the great communities that go along with ownership of certain cars.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

THANK YOU LS2!!
wink.gif

Since you didn't pay $33,000+ I was not referring to guys like yourself.....and I would hope that you have a college fund well in place and funded for your children, as well as 6+ months at least of savings :)

The younger one is going into the Marines soon (does your highness have a problem with THAT, since taxes pay for the military??!!
mad.gif
).
The older one has decided to not attend college, and has started working.

BUT, as others have said, MY finances are NONE of your business, Mr. Gadsden flag waver.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back