I No Longer Trust Blackstone Labs

No, I think they’re just sloppy and inefficient. They always mention the usps and mailer issues, never address the process time after acceptance.
They have to me when I questioned them on what's taking so long. From what I gather, business is booming for them between automotive, industrial, and aircraft and they are struggling to keep up with the higher volume.

Where have the test results been "proven" to be unreliable? I'd like to read the white paper where this was scientifically determined.

i have many times over the last ... oh lets just say ... decade.
just a few months ago for a recent example.
look in the motorcycle section or search my name

if a uoa sample is sent in and the report gives certain values.
that sample is then re-tested and the report gives different values.
exactly which report do you trust?
and your reports - sample is of just 2 - not enough for a trend. so flip a coin on which report to "believe"

I've had numerous issues with USPS delivery of samples. But, the people working there have always been very patient and understanding. I once spoke with the chemist. He/she answered all my questions...

However; there has been a paradigm shift in our world. Nothing will ever be the same. Herd being culled...et al.

Just an FYI. Radioactive materials are transported, via mail. This came from a reliable source. It's a long story. So, I bet the carriers are paranoid.

Just an FYI. Radioactive materials are transported, via mail. This came from a reliable source. It's a long story. So, I bet the carriers are paranoid.

That’s a meaningless statement, and frankly constitutes paranoid fear-mongering.

How much, what type(s), and packaging are all super important factors in whether that makes any difference.

That’s a meaningless statement, and frankly constitutes paranoid fear-mongering.

How much, what type(s), and packaging are all super important factors in whether that makes any difference.

This is true but most are shipped in lead lined little containers that contain the radionucleotides plus molded foam. There is no exposure to be worried about unless the packaged is completely flattened, plus the other shipping requirements that go along with it. I've had to process RAD packages from the mail before. Its not really a big deal. Most RAD stuff is shipped FEDEX in the US.

i have many times over the last ... oh lets just say ... decade.
just a few months ago for a recent example.
look in the motorcycle section or search my name

if a uoa sample is sent in and the report gives certain values.
that sample is then re-tested and the report gives different values.
exactly which report do you trust?
and your reports - sample is of just 2 - not enough for a trend. so flip a coin on which report to "believe"
Not all tests will give you the exact same results. There's always a range.

Sandia Labs, Los Alamos Labs! DOE will tell you... Call them.

This is true but most are shipped in lead lined little containers that contain the radionucleotides plus molded foam. There is no exposure to be worried about unless the packaged is completely flattened, plus the other shipping requirements that go along with it. I've had to process RAD packages from the mail before. Its not really a big deal. Most RAD stuff is shipped FEDEX in the US.
Except when it's stolen or lost. Good samaritans find said package and ? Yes, people steal UPS/Fed Ex trucks. Some trucks get struck by airplanes too.

My point is there are more important issues than representative samples of motor oil. I have first hand knowledge of incidents!

Sandia Labs, Los Alamos Labs! DOE will tell you... Call them.
Except when it's stolen or lost. Good samaritans find said package and ? Yes, people steal UPS/Fed Ex trucks. Some trucks get struck by airplanes too.

My point is there are more important issues than representative samples of motor oil. I have first hand knowledge of incidents!

I do actually work with a DOE lab, very interesting research.

Agree there are more important shipping issues that motor oil but the world would stop turning if the "what ifs" were all considered (not saying that it is right or wrong).

Last edited:
Back