I need the best penetrating oil

You can now, finally after a million years, get this product in the USA, it blows anything else i've tried here out of the water.

Do you know if Ferrosol is safe on plastics, and polymers? Sounds like this stuff could be an incredible firearm lube. I have a glass-filled Nylon polymer frame pistol, with some kind of plastic grips, and I'd want to make sure Ferrosol won't attack, even slowly, these materials.

Do you know if Ferrosol is safe on plastics, and polymers? Sounds like this stuff could be an incredible firearm lube. I have a glass-filled Nylon polymer frame pistol, with some kind of plastic grips, and I'd want to make sure Ferrosol won't attack, even slowly, these materials.
Good question, i just asked them and will update when i get an answer.

Good question, i just asked them and will update when i get an answer.
From another forum that looks to be your post there:

"Best to use a spray lithium grease really. Ferrosol will free it for sure, but it might start to eat at the plastic liner of the cable."

Also, from: https://clean-garage.com/bilt-hamber-ferrosol-500ml-multi-purpose-aerosol-lubricant/

"Isolate electrical equipment or components before treatment." -Why?

If this ends up not being safe on these materials, I wonder what the next best product that would be safe across the board? (i.e. something along the lines of LPS-1, but with better corrosion protection, longevity/durability, and lubricity, if there is such a thing).

Hmm, i hate it when i don't remember posting stuff, i even posted it this year, apparently!
And i did get word back, prolonged exposure will start breaking down plastics/elastomers, nothing with short exposure, but best not to use it on them.

Not sure on the electrical side, doesn't make too much sense to me as it's a water displacement product too.

I just joined the forum. I've worked on air cooled VWs for 40 years and nothing rusts more than their parts. Exhaust nuts are the worst. Studs snap off in a heartbeat. Steel in aluminum. If one broke, the engine comes out. I came across LPS penetrant - back in the 80s and used it with better results than others at the time. I then found Kroil. When using either and letting them soak I never had a stud break when removing a nut. Actually 100% success.
Another problem was axle nuts. Same results. No struggling, came off with little effort.
Just my 3 cents.
I also like PB blaster.

I bought a can of Bilt Hamber Ferrosol for my gunsmith and he wants to know why no one has heard of it. He's thrown his Kroil in the trash and frankly the other stuff doesn't work so well either, he's a convert.

I just joined the forum. I've worked on air cooled VWs for 40 years and nothing rusts more than their parts. Exhaust nuts are the worst. Studs snap off in a heartbeat. Steel in aluminum. If one broke, the engine comes out. I came across LPS penetrant - back in the 80s and used it with better results than others at the time. I then found Kroil. When using either and letting them soak I never had a stud break when removing a nut. Actually 100% success.
Another problem was axle nuts. Same results. No struggling, came off with little effort.
Just my 3 cents.
I also like PB blaster.
Death, Taxes, and Rusty Beetles. The only things in life you can really be sure of.

Back