I need help understanding if Redline or Amsoil is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw this question in here. Why doesn't Pennzoil Platnium and Ultra state *Up to XXXX miles between oil changes*. From the UOAs I've seen they are capable but no listing.

Not really. I just want to know will it give him another say 50,000 plus more miles of engine life if you think so show me some tests done by an independent Lab to prove your point. URL please.

My point was way over some heads here,not shocking. Point was,let people buy what makes them happy,why worry about something that doesn't directly effect you?!

1613867558453.jpg

And be done with it.

The oil group is some of the most penny pinching groups out there in the automotive world.

If only they knew how much detailing hobbyists spend on just pads and different grades of microfiber towels just to "Wash" there vehicles, I think their minds would melt..

How do you get Amsoil for $55. I’ve looked into it and it’d easily cost me $80 with shipping. Way too overpriced. It’s much better to buy the $27 Mobil 1 EP with a similar warranty to Amsoil and change it more often. On my TGDI 2.0L Ford, I change it every 5000 miles and the car runs like a Swiss clock. So OP, Mobil 1 EP. You can’t go wrong.
Yet some people could spend 80.00 on a steak dinner when I hate to spend 20.00. To each their own.

The oil group is some of the most penny pinching groups out there in the automotive world.

If only they knew how much detailing hobbyists spend on just pads and different grades of microfiber towels just to "Wash" there vehicles, I think their minds would melt..
I just laughed so hard 🤣

I always come across those million mile car articles. Always say they've been dealer maintained and I doubt the dealer uses Redline or Amsoil, but that's not to say that those oils couldn't do the same job.
The 2015 Subaru owner with more than a million miles passed the factory warranty in his first ten weeks of ownership. He has never used the dealership’s service department he does all his own work, including of course, changing his own oil with Mobil 1 0W-20. He drives more than 200,000 miles a year. Dealership has nothing to do with servicing his Subaru.

The 2015 Subaru owner with more than a million miles passed the factory warranty in his first ten weeks of ownership. He has never used the dealership’s service department he does all his own work, including of course, changing his own oil with Mobil 1 0W-20. He drives more than 200,000 miles a year. Dealership has nothing to do with servicing his Subaru.
I'm just trying to make a point that dealerships don't use boutique oils to get cars passed one million miles.

The fact he did his own oil changes on a regular interval helps a lot and is a testament to over the shelf oils.

Reactions: wdn
My point was way over some heads here,not shocking. Point was,let people buy what makes them happy,why worry about something that doesn't directly effect you?!
Yes. But if you want to impress show me some stats. BS with no facts don't mean a lot to me. But true knock yourself out and buy what you want with your money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back