I Have Hearing Difficulty and Have Tinnitus, Please Tell Me This Engine Sounds OK or Not

Seriously, I've had this hearing difficulty for over 30 years, developed Tinnitus for last 4 or 5 years.
This recording is for my 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo with 15,500 miles, I feel it's quite loud (abnormal) but can't confirm myself. How do you folks with great hearing think?
Thanks for your support in advance.

Thanks for the positive comments. This recording was done today when the temp was around 50. Other days when it's much colder at around 30, I believe the noise is not just louder, but some strange noise mixed, I think. I'll try again when the ambient temp is much lower.
I'm breathing much easier now.

Battery getting weak in less than 3 years, 15,500 miles?
probably doing short trips most of time, oh well . . .

Sparky16, that is normal for Mazda SkyActiv engines. They have a tuned header setup. When first started up it will sound like that until the temperature gets to a certain point then a scavenging effect takes over.

Here is a old Dave Coleman video. He works for Mazda. The entire video is worth watching but after the 2:50 mark he starts to explain the headers he calls the “Bundle of Snakes”.

Back