I have BITOG sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.
The temps are in the low single digit degree fahrenheit range. The wife says "dear, I'm out of Baileys Irish Cream, would you get me some more"?So I can either start my truck up in these single digit temps to go 1 mile or walk. I think of all the engine wear from a short trip in these frigid temps I read about on BITOG so I walk instead
grin.gif
. Brrr... it's colddddd... outside...
shocked.gif
, but a least there is less wear on my truck's engine today
smile.gif
. Of course I can't feel my fingers or toes now. But hey! What the heck I saved a few ppm of wear on my engine
freak2.gif

Whimsey

Hahahahahaha..so true. Wife wanted me to go to town at the crack of dawn today. I told her I needed to wait til the temp got up to at least 15 F .
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Glad to hear I'm not alone in this type of thinking! This morning was very cold, so after I drove my car around (long enough to fully warm up the oil for sure) to get a few things done (by the way, my car was parked outside, but the block heater was plugged in), I got home and moved my wife's car out of the garage and put mine in there (so I wouldn't have to move it from visitor's parking later with it sitting all day long) So I drove her car around the townhouse complex first to slightly warm it up and figured when I went in the house, we'd be going out in her car shopping right away, so her oil wouldn't be super cold since the car was warmer in the garage (where it was 35F instead of -9F)
smile.gif

Sure hope she was "appreciative" LOL.

Maybe we need a BITOG intervention group? Sounds like it's getting to be cult like. Re-conditioning is in order! LOL Next thing you know we'll be hanging out at airports selling little drain plug keychains.

Hi. My name is Mike and I'm a BITOG and motor oil fanatic.

Mikep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back