I do my own haircut. How about you?

That’s a great post.
It actually bothered me when they banned plastic grocery bags here. I used them in a small trash can in multiple locations,
prudence is also eco tech as spend less = sustainability. I have so many shoppin bags I'll never buy zip lock, trash or other bags (& in fact have not in near 20 yrs) and they R mostly banned locally 2, 4 yrs. Yankee ingenuity? parents from the 20s'n 30s? eco minded? Hair cut the same. Time'n money + go in the garden to keep away ver-mints...

I recycle stained cotton T-shirts or hand towels into shop rags or gun cleaning cloths . I keep the larger plastic medicine or vitamin bottles and use them for screws , nuts , etc.
Look around . There's plenty of things that can be repurposed into something useful . And yes , that's being frugal if you think about it .
my response to thread abt tool cleanin. Most buy a buncha product.

"...being frugal..."
& eco wise. Who needs 'more stuff"? Esp plastic? Its everywhere (mt top, ocean, air, land - we process a credit crd sz of plastic wkly thru our body). Even Carlin knew this yrs ago:

Now... textile recycling is just gettin goin (nationally). We have it locally by special call in at local "transfer station" (name for updated 'town dump' where the get money for what they take now as it's 'dumped' in categories. Home owners (homemoaners) sort @ 'throw away' (in quotes - there is no 'throw away' as where is "away"?) in their home & easily dump into the categories by drivin around to each 'station' @ the yrd. The apt complexes have numerious dumpsters for the categories right there (many w/o cars, have mobility issues, R older, etc).

dnewton: what were the 2 threads plez?
(boy, new here - the Active Admin is quite different 4 me: suttin dwn threads, warrninge/bannings when using uphomisms for swears, more)
I know I'm alone on all this as dont see such comments here. Gimmie awhile, I'll catch up 8^ )

Better stop, too many posts-ina-row. Hoggin folks screen time (Y 'reply' posts dont go under the post replyin to... in super script or some other format w/less dominate style/form?)

I don’t like it when my family use a small plate for something like toast, then toss it in the sink. I usually intercept the plate and either ignore the crumbs or brush them off.
My parents were always fans of Old Country Buffet, despite all the signs they have posted asking customers to please get a new plate each time they go up to the buffet. They would overload their plates just so they wouldn't have to go back up and get a new plate dirty.

Being the troublemaker I am, I would go back up four times and get four plates dirty...

MODERATOR NOTE:
as of 2-26-23, two threads were merged as they had the same ongoing topic
some of the continuity may be misleading between posts

One was about hair…It’s like making a post about Top Gun, and then merging it with another that asks, “what’s your favorite movie?“

Might as well merge all of the, “what oil” threads… :oops:

Seriously, read through the thread now and tell me it doesn’t seem a bit…jumbled.

imagine buffets today. All the spills, gorging "to assure one's money worth", food on carpet, buffet-table surrounding the serving dish, & table cloth at seated positions.

Wife cuts mine and all 4 boys hair, she goes to a salon to get hers done. I go through these periods where I don’t cut it and it’s just this long unruly mop under my hat and periods where I want it pretty much buzzed.

I do need to suck it up and buy some professional grade clippers, my hair is so thick the clippers we have struggle.

imagine buffets today, gorging "to assure one's money worth"
Haha that's me! When we go to the Chinese buffet, I make sure I eat enough to go into food coma mode:D I'm just waiting for the day when they come out and say, "It's all you can eat, not you can eat all" :ROFLMAO:

same ones w/dog'n as ppl/ here. Whal seem fine, merican co. Made here?
these look pretty pricy , went w/a 15 - 30$ one, last time I B membah.
Will last 2, 3 decades if performs like last ones.
Post #89
Ur situation pretty much like ours but she only goes before real fancy events (3 - 5x/yr).
& I do boys, she girls. Its been this way generations. The poodle only gets it cuz like us, it gets
pretty long'n hot in summer. He prances around (standard~75 lbs) after a buz (feelin better, cooler?)
not cuz of the style (like in the magazines). Like the car maintenance its a time I get to talk, touch/or B
close to, spend time w/some pretty important ppl in my life. A financial exchange w/some guy down the st just
'doesnt have the pay back this duz'.

imagine buffets today. All the spills, gorging "to assure one's money worth", food on carpet, buffet-table surrounding the serving dish, & table cloth at seated positions.
+2

To me it always seemed like a glimpse into a different and very strange world.

went to 1 the fam loved back in the day (late 60s) Old Mill, Westminster, MA. Just fora visit (the
buffet was Sun anyway and their "seafood smorishboard" - this was Wednes). That's what the whatris said
for their stop years ago. Nice to see the place after all this time away. Loved that buffet as a male growin teen !

Nope. My hair is wavy, thick and curls oddly if cut too short. Many barbers don’t like touching it so DIY is out.
+1
Experienced female haridressers are the only ones touching my hair.
If they don't have at least 15 -20 years experience, I'm not interested.

I have not paid for a haircut for myself since at least 1993.
I was using the clippers my wife had for her dog for a few years after we got married, and those finally quit working.
I bought some new clippers 20+ years ago and have been using those since.

No need to pay for hair cut, shampoo, conditioner, combs, etc.

When kids came home from school with lice, I had an easy time with it, and so did my 6 year old son, I shaved us both bald.
Wife and daughter had to deal with the shampoo and combing and such.

Back