I did a gas pedal relocation.

My uncle bought a 2019 RAM and dropped it off at my house to have me relocate the gas pedal. He has a fake right leg due to a farming accident years ago so he has to drive with his left foot. I did not take any in progress pics but I moved some wiring off the side out of the way and had to come up with some kind of bracket system to mount the pedal on the left. There is plenty of room actually doesn’t feel bad on the foot. Hope he is comfortable with pedal position.

Attachments

• F6599020-C210-4F3D-A63D-953B70C99120.jpeg
    F6599020-C210-4F3D-A63D-953B70C99120.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 36581E16-0E28-4B61-AA5D-23D66BC919AE.jpeg
    36581E16-0E28-4B61-AA5D-23D66BC919AE.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 141
That's awesome. Do you have to be concerned about liability issues with that type of change to a vehicle? I.E., someone else suing you after an accident because it is a significant change to the OEM design?

Last edited:
That's awesome. Do you have to be concerned about liability issues with that type of change to a vehicle? I.E., someone else suing you after an accident because it is a significant change to the OEM design?
I am not concerned about that at all. My uncle has been doing this since he was 16 and I do not see my work failing.

Nice work. That's actually really cool about drive by wire. You could really put that anywhere.
I have an uncle with polio that drives with hand controls. I've driven his car a few times. What a different experience.

Nice work. That's actually really cool about drive by wire. You could really put that anywhere.
I have an uncle with polio that drives with hand controls. I've driven his car a few times. What a different experience.
The hand controls sketch me out. It’s not to bad to drive with the left foot!

Nice job! My dad had his gas pedal moved to the left of the brake pedal with a long bar by the Toyota dealership on brand new cars. He went through Mass inspections for years no problems. So I doubt anyone will say anything. He could never trust people moving the car though. Someone bringing it into a bay almost drove it into a wall

The hand controls sketch me out. It’s not to bad to drive with the left foot!
It's not that hard to get used to. My right foot was in a cast for a few months so I couldn't use it. When I felt well enough to drive, I started driving with just the left foot. Wasn't very good for the first week so I was very cautious, but after a week I got pretty good with it, driving normally. Just had to move the right foot out of the way a little so the left could reach the gas pedal easier.

Back