I could use some help interpreting Torque app data

We can keep talking generalities but unless you can confirm the ECU to be running the exact same firmware version as before and somebody with exact mapping info comes along who knows the differences we are all guessing
I'm confident the shop I used didn't change the stock mapping.
If they had done such a thing I would hope it would come out when I informed them of this issue I'm having with the pump.

I do have Pro... But I'm having a hard time finding the spot in their endless menus that tells me whether I've paid for all the extras. I can't remember.

I think this might help you:

Settings, Plugins, Allow Plugins Full Access or Installed Plugins

Good Luck!

I'm confident the shop I used didn't change the stock mapping.
If they had done such a thing I would hope it would come out when I informed them of this issue I'm having with the pump.
Yeah let me do this:

Vehicle manufacturers bring out official/authorized "firmware/software" for all the computers on vehicles to address "issues" that are normally only applied when the vehicle owner requests it to be done - this includes the ECU where a different "stock" map may have been included ................ your "shop" may have applied such an official upgrade and have done nothing "wrong" in the process.

As we all said before - if you want to be sure what exactly is going on and why measured rail pressure is different from before, you need to compare the requested and measured values .................. Those will always tell you the truth irrespective of the software/firmware found on the ECU and also irrespective of the maps contained in the ECU

Guy,
I have Torque Pro. I think there might be a scaling setting for that gauge/meter/dial you have set it to but I will have to check tomorrow when I plug mine into my car and see what I can figure out. My car has an HPFP so I can see if I can play with the scaling readout of the displayed gauge.

Guy,
I have Torque Pro. I think there might be a scaling setting for that gauge/meter/dial you have set it to but I will have to check tomorrow when I plug mine into my car and see what I can figure out. My car has an HPFP so I can see if I can play with the scaling readout of the displayed gauge.
Any scaling setting is not going to change the actual behavior of the measured FP - on his own gauge outlay you can already see his max (red arrow) is around 1700 psi while his low (yellow arrow) is at around 400psi

Ok thanks for the details on the short vs long term numbers. Kinda opposite what I thought.

I don't have a "good" scanner. I have an Innova 5160RS. It shows the fuel rail reading but neither it nor the Torque app displays the Command. I don't think it's a limitation of the OBD2 adapter--HPFP Command isn't in the large number of greyed-out display choices.

When I first got this truck 19 months ago I was amazed to see 2800psi fuel pressure. I had never heard of anything that crazy. I searched online & learned that was normal for these DI motors.
1700psi is a long ways from those earlier readings so something isn't right. I haven't been able to find anything online that tells me if it's enough. I'm still in the 600 mile break-in so I haven't pinned the throttle to see if it has the same spirit it used to have.
The Innova Scanners are pretty limited in the info they provide. I have the 5610 and it doesn't read all of the modules on modern vehicles. I know that my Thinktool Pros would have actual and desired fuel pressure for that car.

Maybe your Torque Pro does have the information somewhere.

Last edited:
You need a scanner that can display all the live info available from the ECU ............... ito money something like the Autel AP200 (white)
I can't seem to find any description or review that shows which PIDs the Autel can access so I don't know if it will display Fuel Rail Pressure Command.
It appears pretty much the same as Torque Pro + adapter, only there's more support for Torque.

As you have no doubt discovered Torque is a basic piece of software with access to reportable vehicle data governed by the abilities of the actual OBD dongle.

Its main purpose in life was to help with the interpretation of the ECU's information on mixture preparation.............. on EOBD-compliant vehicles (AND NOT ALL ARE).

There may be wide "support" for it, but you still do not have what you are looking for so the "support" is basically a rumor only.

The AP200 (white) is not only a dongle with EOBD abilities, but it includes access to ALL available information reported by not only the ECU but all other computers on most all models of all brands on the market via brand-specific interfaces.

I don't think you will find a review for every conceivable problem/parameter on every conceivable brand and model................... I can offer personal experience and say in 5 years I have this thing in my toolbox, it has not yet failed to retrieve the information I was looking for in the workshop on a very wide range of vehicle brands and models.

I do have an Autel MP808 too but that is way overkill for this situation

As you have no doubt discovered Torque is a basic piece of software with access to reportable vehicle data governed by the abilities of the actual OBD dongle.

Its main purpose in life was to help with the interpretation of the ECU's information on mixture preparation.............. on EOBD-compliant vehicles (AND NOT ALL ARE).

There may be wide "support" for it, but you still do not have what you are looking for so the "support" is basically a rumor only.

The AP200 (white) is not only a dongle with EOBD abilities, but it includes access to ALL available information reported by not only the ECU but all other computers on most all models of all brands on the market via brand-specific interfaces.

I don't think you will find a review for every conceivable problem/parameter on every conceivable brand and model................... I can offer personal experience and say in 5 years I have this thing in my toolbox, it has not yet failed to retrieve the information I was looking for in the workshop on a very wide range of vehicle brands and models.

I do have an Autel MP808 too but that is way overkill for this situation
+1 on the AP200. Just playing around I noticed it’ll even read brake pressure! Or tell me that there is a code for the front left fog light being “high” despite functioning entirely normal.

Can anyone tell me what this 'upgraded' means: "

Autel MaxiAP AP200 (Upgraded AL319)"​

Any arbitrary comment can be included in any description................... not even close ito abilities

Am I reading the product description correct that the AP200 will connect to only one make vehicle and others cost $21.99 each per year per subscription?
I'm not clear if even the initial software purchase (for 1 chosen make) lasts beyond 1 year.

Am I reading the product description correct that the AP200 will connect to only one make vehicle and others cost $21.99 each per year per subscription?
I'm not clear if even the initial software purchase (for 1 chosen make) lasts beyond 1 year.
Yes - buy and activate one brand (all models) for lifelong updates and use - any and all models of that brand.

If you have another vehicle of a different brand, you pay 22 per year for that

Yes and no. Per the quick start guide “Full OBDII functions included at no charge.You can get one free vehicle-specific software through Mall after successfully binding VCI for the first time.”

Mine is “bound” to the Chrysler 300 I no longer own, it still reads and clears codes from my Dodge and Ram, and I’ve used it to check on my sisters Subaru and a friends Chevy. I’m just locked out of certain vehicle specific functions (I saw programming new keys is one such thing, and bleeding the ABS pump among others) unless I buy a license for them.

Why couldn't I purchase a separate AP200 for each make in my driveway and never pay for annual renewals?

I really hate the subscription business scam model.

Why couldn't I purchase a separate AP200 for each make in my driveway and never pay for annual renewals?

I really hate the subscription business scam model.
Its what I would do if you really want the AP200 to be the go-to tool.

If you own a few brands (3+) then something like the MD806/808 probably makes more sense

Back