Another Respected Tech Tosses In The Towel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'll try and have a look over the weekend. My wife decided to move out a living room, dining room, and spare bedroom furniture and replace it. I have to get the house back together now. That's the plus of having 2 drivers and three rides. One can always sit w/o causing any problems.

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm

A friend of mine had a similar problem with his F150, I think an '87 or '89. There was some kind of electric fan/air pump that was supposed to run after a hot shutdown to cool the intake area. His stopped working and he had hot start problems. I don't know if the vans had something similar.

In retrospect, it seems like a lot o things caused hot start idle problems.

My van has that fan, it would come on about 5 minutes after a very long ride, in very hot weather. Any idea where this van is located? I've heard it over the years, know it exists but never saw it. I cools the injector rail and head IIRC to get excess heat out of there. I don't recall hearing it once this summer, but I didn't go on any trips long enough to trigger it. So it is not uncommon for it to stay off, at least in this van.

I was discussing the fan the other day, and trying to explain it is not near, in front of, or aimed at the radiator in this vehicle. In fact it has nothing to do with the radiator.

Something else I'll be adding to my list, along with talking with the last tech that worked on it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back