I choose pureone filter over oem filter !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually use motorcraft filter FL820S on my mustang gt for about a years now, and I have lifter tick every cold start, I chose motorcraft filter because its OEM and it look more bulky on the inside then any other brands. but since I bought a oil special on AAP 5qt castrol gtx high miles with pureone filter for 20 buck, my car now have no aor very short lift tick on cold start. I think I will stick with pureone filter from now, I just wonder how long pureone filter last ? thanks

They are a great filter... Use it with confidence up to 10,000 Miles IMO, if you are pushing your OCI that long.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
They are a great filter... Use it with confidence up to 10,000 Miles IMO, if you are pushing your OCI that long.

cheers3.gif

+1
Quality product!

I have a 2008 Hyundai Accent. I changed the oil and used some Pennzoil Plat 5w20 and a Pure One filter. After about 2500 miles I started getting a loud knock at start up. Have since switched to dino Penn 5w20 and the OEM filter with no noise at all.
28.gif

I think all of these $5-$10 oil filters are as reliable as a $5-$10 toy that you might buy for your kid at a dollar store.

My 2000 Tundra is very sensitive to proper filter function on cold starts. My favorite for reliability has been the PureOne for this truck, but I just had to change one a couple of days ago after only 2000 miles. I can usually get a 4-5K OCI out of one.

I'm also using ARX in a maintenance dose now. This may be causing the filter to fill up prematurely. Even though I have done 2 ARX treatments, I have heard others say that the maintence dose continues to get lots of crud out.

Just my opinion, but the Purolator Premium flows better than the PureOne and will work for any 5k OCI.

Purolator makes motorcraft fitlers. That being said, they are slightly better than the Premium Plus and not as nice as the P1s.

this morning its around 20 something degree, usually I start car up and it have lifter noise for about 5 min, but since I switch pure 1, it have no noise at all, and car start up smooth too, that make me happy lol.

Originally Posted By: ctc
Purolator makes motorcraft fitlers. That being said, they are slightly better than the Premium Plus and not as nice as the P1s.

I have both the Motorcraft 400-S and the L20195 PureOne and the Motorcraft is a much heavier filter.

I love the PureOne. The Premium Plus is also a great filter for the money. The newest thing I like about the PureOne is the rough camel-colored finish. I can grip it very well and it makes it easier to install. Years ago I used Fram (like most Americans) and noticed start-up noise on a Nissan pickup I had. No matter how many times I changed oil brands it still occured. One day on the web I read a story about some folks having the same issues with Fram filters. Next day I drove to the store, bought a Purolator filter, changed my oil, and 'POOF'....never made startup noise again. I'll never go back to Fram....and I'll stick with Purolator....either PureOne or Premium Plus.

Originally Posted By: Badlees
Originally Posted By: ctc

I have both the Motorcraft 400-S and the L20195 PureOne and the Motorcraft is a much heavier filter.

The cans on Motorcraft filters are very thick. I use a spring loaded center punch to make a hole in the can to drain the oil before cutting them open, and the Motorcraft can took about 10 hits before it was punctured. Other cans have taken as little as 1 or 2. Is it necessary for the can to be this thick? No. Is it nice that they are? Yes.

I bought a Pure1 for kicks and gigs. They look like a quality product. We'll see in about 3200 after this load of Synpower is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back