I bought a Yamaha Xmax 300

I was looking for a second bike to cruise around with and ride to work in the rain. So I was looking for a 300cc or higher scooter because they have more protection from wet roads. I also ride 6 miles on the interstate to and from work. I test rode the BMW C400GT back in July at the demo event. I liked everything but the $9400 price tag. I then went to my local Piaggio dealer and checked out the Vespa 300 and BV400. I liked the Vespa but you had to order one because they were all sold out. The BV’s seat felt cramped for me. Both of these scooters couldn’t fit a full face helmet under the seat.
I went and test rode the BMW C400GT again and the seat pushed you forward and it felt tight between the seat and handlebars. I drove right over to the Yamaha dealer and checked out the Xmax 300. They are really rare in the US, seeing Cycletrader only shows 22 in the US. The seat is way better then the BMW’s. I can fit two full face helmets under the seat with room to spare. Even my adventure helmet fits easily. On the BMW, you can only store a full face helmet when parked.
With Yamaha reliability and a top speed of a 100mph. I think I made the right choice.

5FD053FA-07A7-446C-B822-D2E4AFBFBD80.jpeg
17E40791-BE2B-4C7E-91F6-9EAAD51DCC81.jpeg
D7517876-7565-476F-95A8-DA8C4A057043.jpeg

Good looking scoot. I've never seen one locally. Gloss black next to where your leg goes is a bad call though. That will be horribly scratched in a few years.

I was looking for a second bike to cruise around with and ride to work in the rain. So I was looking for a 300cc or higher scooter because they have more protection from wet roads. I also ride 6 miles on the interstate to and from work. I test rode the BMW C400GT back in July at the demo event. I liked everything but the $9400 price tag. I then went to my local Piaggio dealer and checked out the Vespa 300 and BV400. I liked the Vespa but you had to order one because they were all sold out. The BV’s seat felt cramped for me. Both of these scooters couldn’t fit a full face helmet under the seat.
I went and test rode the BMW C400GT again and the seat pushed you forward and it felt tight between the seat and handlebars. I drove right over to the Yamaha dealer and checked out the Xmax 300. They are really rare in the US, seeing Cycletrader only shows 22 in the US. The seat is way better then the BMW’s. I can fit two full face helmets under the seat with room to spare. Even my adventure helmet fits easily. On the BMW, you can only store a full face helmet when parked.
With Yamaha reliability and a top speed of a 100mph. I think I made the right choice.

View attachment 120405View attachment 120406View attachment 120408

I may be in minority here, but I think it looks better than BMW C400GT. Good score! I'm looking to downsize and Yamaha Smax 155 attracts me more than Honda PCX. Although ADV150 is nice too. But Honda Tax is too high...
If you don't mind sharing, what's the true out-the-door price for the Xmax 300?

Owned it a week and been riding it everyday, I been asking myself, do I really need the 2021 Honda NC750X if the Xmax does everything the Honda does? Been getting 77mpg, I been keeping up with traffic 70-80 mph, I can fit more items under the seat then I can in the Honda’s frunk. I really been enjoying not shifting gears. I can probably get what I paid for the Honda since the market is still hot for that bike.

The Burgman 400 would've been a great choice if you can actually find one, they do have a 200 now in the U.S., my dad has a Burgman 650 and it's amazing for what it can do, the Burgmans you can fit two helmets under the seat.

I think the 300cc scoot is the sweet spot between easy around town riding and highway capability. Love that underseat storage for 2 lids! There's also a lot to be said for riding around on a twist n go scoot...while I like shifting I don't love shifting.

LUCKY you!! been shopping scooters this summer + not much in my area! 300 or 400 would prolly suit me @ 74 YO + looking to downsize my bikes! never rode one + looking at bergman forums seems new or very lo miles means NO costly CVT repair or upkeep. nice lookin scoot by the way, enjoy!! as noted ANYTHING bmw is spendy to buy as well as upkeep

Back