I bought a brqand new 2016 (!!!) VW Passat SEL Premium 3.6L VR6

Oh, and oil wise, you can do very well with the 0W-40 Castrol too. Either hits the sweet spot for this engine; thick 30wt or thin 40wt.

Originally Posted by shortyb
Oh, and oil wise, you can do very well with the 0W-40 Castrol too. Either hits the sweet spot for this engine; thick 30wt or thin 40wt.

shortyb! It's been several years! Great to see your name.

To those who don't know him, one of the truly good guys in the world!

Scott

Thanks for the kind words Scott, has been a long time. Good to see all is well with you. Have been lurking though, and keeping up on things that way. Been on the VW side of the world a bit since selling the E46, but following convoluted oil specs is always interesting
wink.gif

Thanks for the kind words Scott, has been a long time. Good to see all is well with you. Have been lurking though, and keeping up on things that way. Been on the VW side of the world a bit since selling the E46, but following convoluted oil specs is always interesting
wink.gif
I seem to recall, my team member at Advance had the Audi Turbo, all part of VAG, that they changed recommended manufactures. Chris was pretty fanatic about that car,he was Master ASE certified and had access to VAG service bulletins. The Full syn Castrol was i believe, the final choice

Back