I am finding sports more and more difficult to give a hoot about ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it their right? I'm not so sure. It's all whether their contracts allow it.

The leagues are private companies and, like most, can restrict your speech at work or on employee property. So, they do surrender 1A protections in a sense, at work on work property. It depends on if their contracts allow such behavior, or the league allows it.

I suspect it violates terms of both, but I also suspect the league has turned a blind eye to the behavior.
The NFL has no rules for the National Anthem. Players have sat for many years. They now recommend staying in the locker room if you choose to not stand.
Of course, NFL owners are the bosses. They can hand down punishment if they want.
There is Federal Law that defines etiquette, but I believe it is not mandatory.

Don't know, don't care. His stats show he was average. But many credible sources have said it's not because of his performance, but instead b/c he was a outspoken Christian.

I'm confident some team in the NFL could have used him, since there are a lot of really bad QBs out there. But again, I don't know, and don't care whatsoever.
Well, you brought him up. He tried out as a tight end this year to try and get back into the league. He is currently a free agent tight end.
Again, Tim Tebow is a decent guy.

Could be wrong but I don't recall tebow ever getting in "trouble" with the NFL for kneeling.
There was some outcry from sports writers, but Tim Tebow was never punished by the team of the league. He's a great guy and does a lot of good outside of football.
There are many NFL players who perform similar acts of faith, especially when a player is injured during the game.

Don't know, don't care. His stats show he was average. But many credible sources have said it's not because of his performance, but instead b/c he was a outspoken Christian.

I'm confident some team in the NFL could have used him, since there are a lot of really bad QBs out there. But again, I don't know, and don't care whatsoever.
There are a lot of outspoken Christians in the NFL and every other sport. How many post-game interviews start with the player giving glory to God? A lot of them.

He's out of the league because he's not good enough.

For someone who doesn't care whatsoever you do seem to have a strong opinion about it :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back