Hyundai Xteer 5w20 SP GF-6 Synthetic blend

24685c8cc39144d3996ebfcf0901d305.jpg

Product Page
1653551087600.png

I have found no oil analysis online of this particular oil but I've found one of its brother: 5w30 Ultra Protection, API-SP Gf6 from Oil-club and its older iteration, API SN/GF5 version of the Hyundai Xteer 5w20 oil. It has a TBN of 7 and deduced via Fourier IR spectrum as a hydrocracked group 2 oil.

Researching about the company itself: Hyundai Oilbank (in cooperation with Shell) mainly uses Group II base stocks so its consistent with above analysis. Other than that, it seems to be a very strong oil from having low VII. Pour point doesn't matter since temperatures here don't even get close to freezing.

Its very cost efficient here in PH, edging out Zic oil in terms of price.. I'm able to get a gallon for $21 converted from Ph pesos. Has anyone else used this brand of oil?

Last edited:
Your title calls this oil a "SYNTHETIC BLEND" but the label states it as a "SYNTHETIC".
It is most likely an oil sold outside of our market or maybe our Hyundai Dealers have something similar.

Last edited:
Your title calls this oil a "SYNTHETIC BLEND" but the label states it as a "SYNTHETIC".
It is most likely an oil sold outside of our market or maybe our Hyundai Dealers have something similar.
Not exactly. Unless you live in Germany any synthetic labelled bottle can mean "part synthetic" which is why some lube manufacturers put 100% synthetic or full synthetic on their labels. Hyundai xteer puts 100% synthetic on their other bottles.

Looks like a region specific oil that we most likely don't get here in the US but even then it's at least SP rated and looks good. I'd use it in my 2021.

Not exactly. Unless you live in Germany any synthetic labelled bottle can mean "part synthetic" which is why some lube manufacturers put 100% synthetic or full synthetic on their labels. Hyundai xteer puts 100% synthetic on their other bottles.
No, a blend will contain a significant amount of Group I or Group II base stocks in addition to some Group III. It has nothing to do with German label rules in this instance. There are no hydrocracked Group II oils. If the label says Synthetic then it is a predominantly Group III base stock.

No, a blend will contain a significant amount of Group I or Group II base stocks in addition to some Group III. It has nothing to do with German label rules in this instance. There are no hydrocracked Group II oils.
Thanks for the correction. I might have gotten it mixed up, group 2 is hydrotreated and not hydrocracked (group 3).
If the label says Synthetic then it is a predominantly Group III base stock.
May I know where you've read this? It seems that it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

According to their site Hyundai Oilbank has its own refinery which produces only Group 2 base oils from which I can only infer that they could be using a mostly group 2 base stock with a smaller percentage of synthetic, which explains how they're able to price their products cheaply.

Thanks for the correction. I might have gotten it mixed up, group 2 is hydrotreated and not hydrocracked (group 3).

May I know where you've read this? It seems that it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

According to their site Hyundai Oilbank has its own refinery which produces only Group 2 base oils from which I can only infer that they could be using a mostly group 2 base stock with a smaller percentage of synthetic, which explains how they're able to price their products cheaply.
Unless a manufacturer is entirely disreputable or unethical nobody is marketing a predominately Group 2 oil as synthetic. Many blenders source base stocks from other producers for various products. It does not vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, you can determine this through their SDS.

Back