Hyundai Recalls 180,000 SUVs Because of Fire Risk

....The Korean automaker is recalling about 180,000 Tucson SUVs in the U.S. from 2019 through 2021 to fix the problem. The company says corrosion can cause a short circuit in defective anti-lock brake circuit boards that can cause a fire even if engines are off....

...Separately, Kia, which is affiliated with Hyundai, is recalling more than 9,000 Stinger sports cars with 3.3-liter turbocharged engines for a similar problem. Documents posted by U.S. safety regulators say fires can occur in the area of the anti-lock brake control computer....

...The recalls are the latest in a series of engine fire problems that have plagued the two automakers and have touched off investigations by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Hyundai will notify owners of the recall by mail starting around Oct. 30. In the meantime, owners can key in their 17-digit vehicle identification number at www.hyundaiusa.com/recalls to see if their Tucson is affected...

...Engine failure and fire problems with Hyundais and Kias have affected more than 6 million vehicles since 2015, according to NHTSA documents....

Checked and one of our cars needs ECM update for fuel injection control logic improvements ... campaign date: March, 11, 2020
Doesn't sound that important since car gets good mpg but I should take it in one of these days.
Don't recall getting this in the mail. Hyundai is pretty good about sending mail. I got something about our old 2005 a few years ago about a band or clamp may rust over time from road salt.

Hmm, another issues with H/K abs, they just had one for some vehicles from 2013-2015.

Huh. I really liked our Sonata. It was a good car.

Is Hyundai using Samsung electronics? I know they are engineered to catch fire.

d-:
(Samsung mobile phone reference)

Every body at work makes fun of me for driving a Kia and I just laugh as they are constantly having car problems while my Kia just keeps on going. Even if the engine blows I get a free one.

Back