Hyundai DCT Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the DCT fluid in the next week on our newly purchased Hyundai Tucson.

Should I used the Hyundai DCT Fluid?

It seems the only other fluid that could possibly be used is Redline 70w DCT fluid.

Amalie makes a good DCT fluid at a great price
smile.gif

About $6/qt on Amazon

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

About $6/qt on Amazon

Are "universal" DCT fluids fine to use? I looked at some including Amalie, Amsoil, and Redline, the only one that mentions the Hyundai/Kia spec is the Redline fluid.

I'm going to likely order some Amsoil SVG, I wonder if the Amsoil DCT fluid would be a good fit?

Originally Posted by donnyj08
smile.gif

About $6/qt on Amazon

Are "universal" DCT fluids fine to use? I looked at some including Amalie, Amsoil, and Redline, the only one that mentions the Hyundai/Kia spec is the Redline fluid.

I'm going to likely order some Amsoil SVG, I wonder if the Amsoil DCT fluid would be a good fit?

Amsoil DCT and Redline DCT all work well as DCT replacements. Redline DCT has higher AW levels than any others I know of.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule
smile.gif

About $6/qt on Amazon

Amsoil DCT adn Redline DCT all work well as DCT replacements. Redline DCT has higher AW levels than any others I know of.

I run this in my DCT Hyundai because I tow a small boat and I am heavily on boost with "sport driving" my Hyundai. I "got through" to a Redline oil engineer, since Dave was on vacation and he gave me a thumbs up this oil for my car and application.

https://www.redlineoil.com/mt-85-75w85-gl-4-gear-oil

The 70w GL-4 that Hyundai specs "for mileage" and not so much for robustness and load carrying, that is needed with towing and "sport driving" with a manual transmission gearing and differential in the same cavity/same oil use scenario. (Hyundai DCT) Runs just the same with fast shifting. Still has Hyundai/Kia approval specs, but not for their BS mileage BS spec. Sorry I will pass, on mileage speced oil. I want robustness.

It looks like Hyundai calls for a GL-4 gear oil and not some esoteric Pentosin/Shell oil like the stuff Ford, BMW, Porsche, Nissan(GT-R) and VW uses in their DSGs/DCTs.

Red Line would be my pick.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
smile.gif

About $6/qt on Amazon

Amsoil DCT adn Redline DCT all work well as DCT replacements. Redline DCT has higher AW levels than any others I know of.

I contacted David @ Redline he suggested Redline MT-LV 70W/75W as a suitable replacement fluid in the Ideal Viscosity range.

Thanks all for the help! I'll likely go Redline over the Factory Hyundai MTF-70w DCT fluid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back