2017 Hyundai Tucson DCT substitute fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day everyone!

I'm a car maintenance crazy person! I typically dump factory fluids and replace with synthetics. However, Hyundai recommends straight 70w GL-4 DCT fluid. I want to use a synthetic alternative but I haven't been able to find a synthetic single weight oil. Any suggestions for a synthetic alternative?

Last edited:
I checked out both of those oils and neither states a weight (70w is Hyundai recommended). Without an advertised weight I'm hesitant to use those.

Why mess with the transmission fluid before the recommended intervals? You already have a somewhat problematic transmission. Do the recommended scheduled maintenance and use only Hyundai OE fluid.

Originally Posted By: RamAir5
I checked out both of those oils and neither states a weight (70w is Hyundai recommended). Without an advertised weight I'm hesitant to use those.

Viscosity for the Amalie DCT is 7.2 cst, which is in line with 70W
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Viscosity for the Amalie DCT is 7.2 cst, which is in line with 70W
smile.gif

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Hyundai routinely sends out fluid samples. If you value your warranty use OEM fluid only for the 10year 100k warranty.

They are not weights.

The SAE sorts the viscosities according to GRADE classifications.

The major/important Specification for MT's is the viscosity (in cSt) at a temperature of 100C.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/viscosity-charts/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
Hyundai routinely sends out fluid samples. If you value your warranty use OEM fluid only for the 10year 100k warranty.

confused2.gif

In order for Hyundai to determine if the fluid is really their's they would have to send the sample to a special commercial lab or an academic institution at a minimum cost of $800.00.

A $28.00 Blackstone analysis cannot be used to deny a warranty, nor does it represent sufficient factual info for a court case.

Been there, done that!
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back