HyperTough HT500 Bluetooth scanning tool for $49.98

Plan to use it when driving .

IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3483.JPG

Checked tires with HyperTough digital tire gauge and 1 tire was 35 and 3 were @ 34.8 .

IMG_3491.JPG
IMG_3516.JPG

Last edited:
My concern would be the quality and maintenance of the app. But if it works it works. I used Car scanner obd2 for android along with a $20 similar dongle. It was able to do hyundai/kia transmission re-learn and toyota and kia transmission temperature.

My concern would be the quality and maintenance of the app. But if it works it works. I used Car scanner obd2 for android along with a $20 similar dongle. It was able to do hyundai/kia transmission re-learn and toyota and kia transmission temperature.
App is repair solutions by Innova.

The hyper tough scan tool line is made by Innova and for the price are great for a DIYer. Even as a shop owner, I keep a couple cheap Hyper Tough plug in scanners for loaning to customers etc since they're only $30-40 and I keep one in every car too.

Trans temp for $50. I like that. I'd rather have a tethered unit, but I haven't seen one under $100 (yet).
Hyper tough has a tethered unit as well for under $40. (If you are referring to non wireless unit with a cable to plug into the OBD2 port)

That does trans temp? I'd love to see that.
Looks like it will do transmission fluid temperature on a 2018 Hyundai! At least on an Accent as shown.

I just took my little Hyper tough to a 2016 SRX and it is able to show 58 PIDS in live data mode. A lot of great data but not trans temp - at least on this SRX.

Later I will grab a tool that I know pulls trans temp (to verify the car supports that PID) and then hook the little hyper tough up and see what happens. I will try a few vehicles and see.

Back