HYPER TOUGH - Multi Use Pump for $8.97 at Walmart

Plan to use for gasoline , possibly draw oil for U.O.As' , etc..

IMG_6192.JPG
IMG_6200.JPG
IMG_6198.JPG
IMG_6201.JPG

Thanks for the tip odie.
I'm pretty sure this will move ATF, but do you think it will handle gear oil?
Thanks again.
10-4 on the HarborFreight clone AutoMechanic. :)
Not sure . May want to try a thick oil equal or greater out of a bottle for test run . If so , give the results .

Thanks for the tip odie.
I'm pretty sure this will move ATF, but do you think it will handle gear oil?
Thanks again.
10-4 on the HarborFreight clone AutoMechanic. :)
I've used the HF version to do VTM-4 gear oil in my Honda, but that has a viscosity similar to ATF.

That said, HF and Amazon carry inexpensive pumps that screw right on to a quart bottle of gear lube. I have one that I purchased from Walmart years ago and they have them online, but can't find one they carry in-store.

Great 👍. Looks like the Harbor Freight one but yellow and different color hoses too. Mine from Harbor Freight works good so I would say this one does too. 🙂
Last I knew the Walmart and Pennzoil (currently is/ was carried by WM) models have the locking collars on the inlet and outlet ports whereas the HF one is just a pressed fit followed by a prayer that it won’t blow off while under pressure.

ATF, fuel, and even engine oil I’m sure are fine.. gear oil not so much. Speaking from experience.

Last I knew the Walmart and Pennzoil (currently is/ was carried by WM) models have the locking collars on the inlet and outlet ports whereas the HF one is just a pressed fit followed by a prayer that it won’t blow off while under pressure.

ATF, fuel, and even engine oil I’m sure are fine.. gear oil not so much. Speaking from experience.
That is definitely a plus. The hoses always come out of the Harbor Freight one especially if you start pumping fast.

Maybe thicker gear / engine oil could be extracted easier after short drive to warm it up :unsure: . Anyone interested in a trial run ? ;)

So , how did it do ? Transfer it to an gas container or other ?
Worked great, just as it should. Drained two mowers and a snow blower into an old gas can. The only "difficulty" if you can even call it that is that the vinyl (?) tubing needs some straightening out prior to use as it wants to coil back up.

The newfangled gas can I also picked up at Wally World on the other hand, don't get me started with that thing. The "safety" features make it a spill prone PITA. I pulled out the flame mitigation screen or whatever it is, and will be ordering an old fashioned spout to stick on it. My MIL would be hopeless with this thing as it came.

jeff

Good thing had this . Sink backed up and used it to remove water from sink and plumbing beneath . Well worth the price .

Back