Hydro Gear vs. Tuff Torq!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased a new Craftsman YTS4000 model 289280 based on reading here I assumed it had a TT. To my suprise it has a Hydro gear T2. Is the hydro gear really that bad? Should I take this back and dump it on sears lap?

I wouldn't be surprized that they swap around given the current climate. They used mostly TT 2yrs back or so, HG before that... Either way, I wouldn't sweat it the least. As long as you don't push them beyond their limits, keep the housing clean so it stays cool and do a dump/fill afer awhile you're good to go.

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
I wouldn't be surprized that they swap around given the current climate. They used mostly TT 2yrs back or so, HG before that... Either way, I wouldn't sweat it the least. As long as you don't push them beyond their limits, keep the housing clean so it stays cool and do a dump/fill afer awhile you're good to go.

Joel

How many hours do you recommend to change it out Joel??

Originally Posted By: lexus114

How many hours do you recommend to change it out Joel??

It depends on how/where it's used. If you've got heat, hills and use it several hours at a time, I'd do it every ~100-150hrs.

Joel

Off subject, when I was 12 or 14 years old, my cousin got a job at Tuff Torq. Guess what it was? To drive a lawnmower around a big circle track for the whole day. Nice job for a 12 year old. He did it for a couple of years.

Just thought I'd mention this :)

A couple of years!! Man I`d retire with that job under my belt!!
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back