Hybrid Cost

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I've seen the fist fights over the actual cost as far as per mile vs a normally aspirated version.
I have owned many. I liked the ones I have owned.
What is never said is the huge difference at trade in time. Hybrids have lousy trade in values I suspect
due to battery replacement fears. Take two Toyotas- Rav4 and Rav4 Hybrid- the actual resale value difference books aside is usually
substantial. Your thoughts.

I've seen the fist fights over the actual cost as far as per mile vs a normally aspirated version.
What is never said is the huge difference at trade in time. Hybrids have lousy trade in values I suspect
due to battery replacement fears. Take two Toyotas- Rav4 and Rav4 Hybrid- the actual resale value difference books aside is usually
Hybrids are a stop-gap solution and once the fuel cell is up and running well they'll be renamed "Edsel" together with the Plug-ins.
Electrics are coming what I don't understand why not using the current infrastructure (gas stations) to supply nitrogen (fuel cell) or some other green fuel. This way there is no range anxiety and the fill up will be done in 10 min instead of 1 hr for 80% charge.

Hybrids are a stop-gap solution and once the fuel cell is up and running well they'll be renamed "Edsel" together with the Plug-ins.
Electrics are coming what I don't understand why not using the current infrastructure (gas stations) to supply nitrogen (fuel cell) or some other green fuel. This way there is no range anxiety and the fill up will be done in 10 min instead of 1 hr for 80% charge.
I guess you mean hydrogen? Hydrogen is awful. The tanks must be vented, they're heavy and have comparatively low energy density.

Range anxiety is the issue plus long charge times
I think Ford should do well if every Ford dealer had charge stations
Network is already there

Yes true but under warranty the resale still is bad
I'm confused--you start off asking if hybrids have lousy trade-ins, then switch to stating that they do? I thought this was a thread about if they do (or don't).

Are any youtube videos of these fist fights available for viewing?

Also, want to know how badly the losers of these fights are hurt, just some bruises or were the losers taken away by ambulance or copter to the nearest trauma center?

Are any youtube videos of these fist fights available for viewing?

Also, want to know how badly the losers of these fights are hurt, just some bruises or were the losers taken away by ambulance or copter to the nearest trauma center?
Hopefully ground.

I'd be upset to learn that someone burned my FH fighting over a hybrid.

How are Toyota hybrids concerning their stop start operation. Does being a hybrid make it a non issue because of the electric motor that moves the car off the line?

Jim, my thoughts are the hybrids Toyota makes are actually quite decent. I know many techs who are hybrid certified they do see issues of course and mainly have to deal with batteries. Ford makes some good ones too from what I hear now keep in mind I don’t have any personal ownership experience but my electrical teacher that taught me more electrical stuff at the college had a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and loved it. He said it definitely takes some getting used too with the start stop but that feature can be disabled. He said it feels like you are going to break down.

Wife bought a 2020 Prius Prime LE in 10/2019, net cost after rebates, incentives, tax credits, etc (including tax - ALL in) was less than $19k
Traded it in last month, with 15k miles, got $22k. In a 2021 Prime now. With a lower net cost than the 2020.

*shrug*

There are inefficiencies to take advantage of. A Prius Prime is currently cheaper to purchase than a regular hybrid Prius or a Corolla hybrid and will have higher resale going forward, plug get better MPG the whole time.
Up to 30 miles on pure EV, is great. Perfect for most errands and afterwards you have a great highway cruiser getting 55-65 mpg in hybrid mode. With lane-centering and adaptive cruise, it is awesome in traffic.

Jim, my thoughts are the hybrids Toyota makes are actually quite decent. I know many techs who are hybrid certified they do see issues of course and mainly have to deal with batteries. Ford makes some good ones too from what I hear now keep in mind I don’t have any personal ownership experience but my electrical teacher that taught me more electrical stuff at the college had a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and loved it. He said it definitely takes some getting used too with the start stop but that feature can be disabled. He said it feels like you are going to break down.
Ford is very slick on stop start and the transferring mode. Far better than Honda.
On the new Toyotas that filter on the front of the back seat seems to be the crucial replacement part for longevity.

Ford is very slick on stop start and the transferring mode. Far better than Honda.
On the new Toyotas that filter on the front of the back seat seems to be the crucial replacement part for longevity.
Haha I’m not aware of any filter I’m not a hybrid guy. What is the purpose of it?

Back