Husqvarna String Trimmers

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys. we're leaving to go on vacation today, so I'll have to take care of it when we get back, but I'll try returning it at Lowes first.

Husqvarna is owned by Electrolux. Electrolux also owns Poulan/Weedeater. Guess who ACTUALLY manufactures the Husqvarna brand string trimmers?
Although the Husqvarna trimmers are a step up from the standard Weedeater models, Weedeater has never manufactured high quality designed and built trimmers like Echo or Shindaiwa builds. Weedeaters have always been built cheap to sell cheap. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Having said that, most homeowners will not know or appreciate the difference and should get a reasonable amount of use out of them, but not necessarily trouble-free use, as you have already discovered.

Last edited:
If this is the worst I have to worry about with it though, I'll be happy.I know their chainsaws were always quality units

Yep, they do build excellent chainsaws. But, some of Poulan's higher end (higher priced) Poulan Pro chainsaws are also quite good.

Last edited:
I exchanged it today for another one, and it works great so far. The pull cord is still intact:) I really like the power and the balance of it so far. My biggest worry is the durability of the shaft since its a two piece design capable of accepting different attachments, but I'm hoping that the little bit of yard work I use it for wont cause any problems. It does make it nice for when I have to load it up in my car to take it out to my parents house or something, being able to take it apart is handy.

I just bought a Stihl 55R but had considered one of the Husky models as I love my Husky saw. I emailed Husky, Stihl, and Echo to find out where the models I was interested in were made. The 128 Husky was made in the USA as well as the Stihl, the simialr Echo was not and I ended up going with the Stihl. It extended the warranty to 5 years if I bought a case of their sytnthetic oil when purchasing trimmer. So far so good, the difference between the cheap Craftsman trimmer I had and the Stihl is unbelievable. Trimming takes about half as long, and I am not stretching that at all.

I noticed a decrease in trimming time going from my old curved shaft ECHO to my new Husky, but I think a lot of that is due to the fact that the Husky has a dual string head and the ECHO had a single string. String seems to last a lot longer on the Husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back