Which string trimmer

E-GO 56 volt battery unit. recharge time is one hour: No gas, no winterizing, no leaking gaskets, no carb issues. Just a sold 60 minutes of use and hang it up. . Ed

Thanks everyone for your replies. I needed to go into town today so I stopped at Home Depot and bought the Echo. I had a little time before lunch so I gassed it up and did some work in the back. I was able to actually get a lot done in the short time I worked. One thing that is nice with this unit is tall grass doesn't get wrapped up around the spool shaft.

Last edited:
Echo 225, and use the Truefuel. Alittle pricey, but that's all I have ever run mine on. Always starts within 2-3 pulls., plus way easier on the fuel system rubber

Originally Posted by Propflux01
Echo 225, and use the Truefuel. Alittle pricey, but that's all I have ever run mine on. Always starts within 2-3 pulls., plus way easier on the fuel system rubber

Yeah, I agree about using non-ethanol fuel. A few years ago I got a chainsaw, and ran regular 10% ethanol blend. It ran perfect, as it should have. At the end of the season I winterized it (drained the gas, started it up and let it idle until it ran out of gas). The next spring I got the saw out and "knew" it would start right up. I put fuel in it and couldn't get it to run.

I don't know if the ethanol gas ruined the parts in the carb, or if the rubber parts in the carb dried out over the winter or if there was still gas in it after it died. ATM I am using Trufuel or an equivalent. I go through too much fuel to continue to use that; fortunately we have a couple stations in town that sell ethanol free gas. I plan to get that fuel and use fuel stabilizer.

I used the trimmer again this afternoon. Wow, that thing is powerful! With the power I am able to do a lot of work in a short time. If you have a big yard, don't buy a small weedeater!

Since I already had a Kobalt 80V battery powered blower, I picked up the Kobalt 80V string trimmer (w/o battery or charger). Used it for the first time today and I like it. I was using a Stihl gas powered one for several years but got tired of having to mess with it.

been very happy with my echo gear.

pb-580t backpack blower was great, sold it for what I bought it for new, and got the pb-8010 which is unbelievable. 1070cfm@211mph

timberwolf cs-590 chainsaw.. only problem i have is hitting the off switch on accident when starting... sometimes it takes a min to figure that out (lol)
tons of power.. hundreds less than competition.

Had a -225 string trimmer I used before I bought my current house.. it was good but didnt like sitting a month at a time in a hot garage.

would buy any of their gear with confidence that I would be fully satisfied.

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
Since I already had a Kobalt 80V battery powered blower, I picked up the Kobalt 80V string trimmer (w/o battery or charger). Used it for the first time today and I like it. I was using a Stihl gas powered one for several years but got tired of having to mess with it.

How long do you figure the charge last?

Tuned in....
I've been thinking about scrapping my old electric trimmer but for me, a battery powered will be fine on small property. Thanks for some of the E-trimmer mentions.
smile.gif

I'll start comparison shopping and user reviews.
thumbsup2.gif

Back