HUGE Stash of QSUD what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got something like 20 jugs of QSUD 5W30 (black label) manufactuered in April 2013 in my garage. Well my mom just totalled her car and she was the biggest user.

We are gonna buy a Honda Accord 2013 LX but that car uses 0w20... I am pretty sure I cannot use this QSUD 5w30 in the car until the warranty wears off... in 4 years...

What to do? Can I use 5w30 in a 2013 Accord? Should I use 5w30 at all in that 2013 Accord?

I paid $18+tax per jug here in Canada, which is very cheap... so I ended up buying a whole lot. I didn't anticipate her wrecking the car though.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted By: Anikiri
I got something like 20 jugs of QSUD 5W30 (black label) manufactuered in April 2013 in my garage. Well my mom just totalled her car and she was the biggest user.

We are gonna buy a Honda Accord 2013 LX but that car uses 0w20... I am pretty sure I cannot use this QSUD 5w30 in the car until the warranty wears off... in 4 years...

What to do? Can I use 5w30 in a 2013 Accord? Should I use 5w30 at all in that 2013 Accord?

I paid $18+tax per jug here in Canada, which is very cheap... so I ended up buying a whole lot. I didn't anticipate her wrecking the car though.

Any ideas?

Put on Craiglist . I do use 5w30 on 0w20 spec

Honestly If I were in this situation, I'd just use it in the Accord. As long as the oil meets the specifications required by Honda, I'd use it. Just my opinion.

Actually I just read a thread on here about new vehicles that run 0-20 or 5-20 weights are burning oil frequently. Im not sure what the reason is. I wouldnt think it would be the weight but you never know. Either way just a thought to hold on to the 5-30 weight oil you have.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lillikai
Honestly If I were in this situation, I'd just use it in the Accord. As long as the oil meets the specifications required by Honda, I'd use it. Just my opinion.

Hondas spec for that car is 0w20, so it doesnt meet Honda spec.

API standards is what I was meaning. Id still use it though. I wouldn't be able to sell a supply that big, especially if I got a good deal.

Any ideas?

What part of Canada - I would be interested in a few jugs at $20 per.

Well the problem is this was a special sale from WM back in Canada. They sold out in a matter of days. There is no way to exchange it and its been something like a couple months now and I cannot return it (not to mention I don't have a receipt).

I suppose I can sell it. Good call on that.

For those of you who suggested using this on a 0w20 spec car, I do live in Toronto, so it does get fairly cold here -30C for about a week and -10C to -20C for a couple months.

If I use 5w30 in the Accord, would it work well for this kinda of winter in that engine? I imagine there's a reason honda uses 0w20 in this engine. Also, using 5w30 would definitly void my powertrain warranty no?

Originally Posted By: Danno

Any ideas?

Toronto, I can sell for $20 a pop no problem.

Any ideas?

same here let us know your location.

You may want to post a notice on the for sale part of the forum as well.

I will go ahead and do that. Thanks !!

Well the problem is this was a special sale from WM back in Canada. They sold out in a matter of days. There is no way to exchange it and its been something like a couple months now and I cannot return it (not to mention I don't have a receipt).

My local Walmart is very easy on exchange even without receipt.

There simply is no more Quaker State Ultimate Durability in 5 quart form left in the store. Also, they do not sell QSUD in 0w20 at the store... only 5w20.. and that is not recommended by Honda unfortunately. I don't even know where to get 0w20... In Canada motor oils are more difficult to come by and also a lot more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back