HPL Open House 2022 Pictures

Storage tanks are all indoor where it's much easier to control moisture, both atmospheric and condensation. The plant is air conditioned, which keeps the humidity low in the summer and keeps the water out of your oil.

IMG_1030.JPG

That's Dave, the plant manager. He gave us a tour of the plant, which clearly demonstrated the emphasis on cleanliness and quality, from start to finish. Protocols. Filtering. All of that.

Some of the raw materials coming in are so thick they must be heated to get them to flow. We went into the well-named "hot room."

Last edited:
Pictures of blending tanks. Notice the strain gauge scales, every tank's scale is accurate to a pound or 1/10th pound, depending on the tank capacity. HPL blends by weight not volume, so the lubricants are extremely consistently blended.

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

Last edited:
Wish I could’ve attended. With a 10 month old, plus a new job, and being 11 1/2 hours away, I just couldn’t make it work. The place looks amazing, and clean! The attention to detail is obvious, and it would’ve been awesome to see it all firsthand. Thanks for opening your doors, @High Performance Lubricants ! Hopefully there’s a next time and I’ll be able to make it!

Discussion panel and Dave (standing)
View attachment 112333

Oil stacked for distribution to participants
It appears Phil Korosec is second from left. Phil was my go-to person when I developed and blended lubricants in Kansas, and we were members of the STLE group in the Kansas City area. They called us, "Phil Squared" at the meetings.

Phil Korosec is a great person, open with information, always willing to help, and is a lubricant expert bar none.

He retired from MCC in Olathe, Kansas where I used to get components for my custom made DI packages:

HPL is a group of fantastic people. I am sorry I could not attend, due to a major date conflict, and would like to have met those in attendance.

It appears Phil Korosec is second from left. Phil was my go-to person when I developed and blended lubricants in Kansas, and we were members of the STLE group in the Kansas City area. They called us, "Phil Squared" at the meetings.

Phil Korosec is a great person, open with information, always willing to help, and is a lubricant expert bar none.

He retired from MCC in Olathe, Kansas where I used to get components for my custom made DI packages:

HPL is a group of fantastic people. I am sorry I could not attend, due to a major date conflict, and would like to have met those in attendance.

Phil is a good guy and a valuable source of information. He and I had several hours of discussion over the weekend about additives, solubility, etc...

After one week, I still have a buzz.

The Presentation/Q & A period went by sooo fast. It was like BITOGs finest hour--peppering these experts who graced us with their time and knowledge. We were glued to our seats for several hours !

HPL & Company are every bit as hospitable yet high end in person as they seem to be otherwise.

And let me say this in closing. It is indescribable how cool it is to be walking around amongst boats and racing teams, at The Great Lakes Grand Prix, wearing a Bad Ass Racing Oil hat, and having others acknowledge that. I felt like a king.

Mola,

You are absolutely correct. Phil has been a near and dear friend since we met. He is one of the smartest and most ethical people I have ever met. His career and the people he has advised through his career spans nearly our whole industry. I can tell you it is nice to have smart friends. Unfortunately you have people with “super knowledge” that spend their career trying to shave 3 cents per pound off a formulation cost and still get a pass to meet spec. This is a terrible waste of legitimate talent!

David

I used to pick up oil at Redline products in benicia it is very similar to this place before ConocoPhillips took over I used to get free hats stickers keychain things but once ConocoPhillips took over the free stuff ended. At times I'd pick up totes drums and cases.

I used to pick up oil at Redline products in benicia it is very similar to this place before ConocoPhillips took over I used to get free hats stickers keychain things but once ConocoPhillips took over the free stuff ended. At times I'd pick up totes drums and cases.
I have been to both places. High Performance Lubricants is significantly better across the board.

Back