2023 HPL Open House

Thanks! tickets purchased.
Got mine as well! The place is REALLY sold out now! 🤣🤣 One more week to the races and 6 more days to our get-together in Manteno Illinois, I sure hope that doesn't make this a long work week for me thinking about it lol......

Is it a stupid question to ask if the Pro Stock team at Elite Motorsports uses HPL motor oil, perhaps in 0W-2 if @High Performance Lubricants is at liberty to talk about that? And don't they rebuild their engine after every race or not quite?

Got mine as well! The place is REALLY sold out now! 🤣🤣 One more week to the races and 6 more days to our get-together in Manteno Illinois, I sure hope that doesn't make this a long work week for me thinking about it lol......

Is it a stupid question to ask if the Pro Stock team at Elite Motorsports uses HPL motor oil, perhaps in 0W-2 if @High Performance Lubricants is at liberty to talk about that? And don't they rebuild their engine after every race or not quite?

I wouldn't expect exact details, but they'll likely speak on how they've benefited from the relationship with HPL.

They'll usually put a fresh engine in every 20-25 passes just to keep a fresh bullet in the hole. That will be 2-3 events. Some of them they'll run a bit longer than that. They've won races with 40+ passes on an engine.

Ugh. I really dislike work sometimes. I won't be able to make it this year, something came up and I have to be in California for the weekend and a few days next week. Super disappointed!

Guess I'll just have to stop in the next time I'm in town and see David (if he's around! :) ), Wayne & the HPL crew! :cry:

It's ok I'm stuck with work again as well 😔

6D8D0A27-6A61-48BE-8D82-8114DF7B53A1.jpeg

We’re a little bit behind. Meeting @Slow Car Sport Mode for dinner soon. Anyone around Mechanicsburg is welcome to meet us at Hoss’s on Gettysburg Pike.

Did you catch up with me yet?
I still don't understand this post.. So I asked the person that was across the table if they were you and they said that they weren't... I actually think that person was @OVERKILL possibly ? Bit. Definitely a great event I sincerely thank everyone and I hope that @RDY4WAR and the Other gentlemen that traveled from a far to come enjoy their allocations are roughly 400 pounds of antifreeze I brought with me and gave to them!

Seriously. It was a great time and It is hard to put into words how much appreciated the time and effort and preparation to show some of their loyal customers their appreciation is.

We had a great day at the NHRA track in Joliet. I found everyone in the Elite pits to be super friendly and time allowing would stand and chat about whatever you wanted to know. Fernando Cuadra took about an hour of his time to sit with me and show me how much data they log and how they use that data to tune the car. Gaige Herrara and his entire crew are also super friendly, we spent about half an hour in their pit chatting it up. When you talk to the Elite and Vance & Hines folks, they all believe David and HPL walk on water.

David explaining blending and bottling during the Friday open house at HPL:
IMG_2419.JPG

Erica Enders Pro Stock car. 1500HP of attitude from a 500cid naturally aspirated engine.
IMG_2420.JPG

This reservoir is where the HPL engine oil goes!
IMG_2422.JPG

The transmission case is magnesium and very thick castings to take the beating of the driver sidestepping the clutch at 10,500 RPMs. They have enough gear combinations in the trailer to make something like 175 different ratios.
IMG_2426.JPG

Last edited:
I'm proud of myself I made it this time! 😊

Here is a picture of the racecar in the corner, and a picture that was near it. I had a question about the different sides having different aero flaps (one goes up and one goes down!) Had a great time, and again, many thanks to @High Performance Lubricants and @wwillson and the mystery man that looked somewhat like the guy from Gas Monkey Garage (event attendee? I dont know) can be seen in the photos of the event lol.. A great time was had by all.

Maybe there is a Part Three in the works. 🙂

Resized_20230519_161505.jpeg
Resized_20230519_161459.jpeg

We had a great day at the NHRA track in Joliet. I found everyone in the Elite pits to be super friendly and time allowing would stand and chat about whatever you wanted to know. Fernando Cuadra took about an hour of his time to sit with me and show me how much data they log and how they use that data to tune the car. Gaige Herrara and his entire crew are also super friendly, we spent about half an hour in their pit chatting it up. When you talk to the Elite and Vance & Hines folks, they all believe David and HPL walk on water.

David explaining blending and bottling during the Friday open house at HPL:
View attachment 157148

Erica Enders Pro Stock car. 1500HP of attitude from a 500cid naturally aspirated engine.
View attachment 157149

This reservoir is where the HPL engine oil goes!
View attachment 157150
The transmission case is magnesium and very thick castings to take the beating of the driver sidestepping the clutch at 10,500 RPMs. They have enough gear combinations in the trailer to make something like 175 different ratios.
View attachment 157151
Were all the BITOGers grumbling and trying to replace the K&N air filters?

Last edited:
Back