HP all in one computer, bypass password.

OK Buddy. lt just threw me off when you said 8.1.
I'm with you. You're the only one who seems to think it's an OK little system.
(Well l do too.............................LOL)
Well, it's more of me having a soft spot for low-powered stuff. Everything has a purpose, and upgrading stuff is enjoyable just for the sake of doing it. Better than it being in a landfill.

Well, it's more of me having a soft spot for low-powered stuff. Everything has a purpose, and upgrading stuff is enjoyable just for the sake of doing it. Better than it being in a landfill.
Sure It is! I like to fix up old stuff too. I drive a 23 year old car too, but it only has 105,000 miles on it.

So that one will just plug right in to where the old one is connected now?

Correct, it'll plug in but it'll just hang from the cables because the HDD in the computer is a 3.5" vs the 2.5" for the crucial SSD.. You will have to buy that bracket you listed if you want it to fit perfectly.

Correct, it'll plug in but it'll just hang from the cables because the HDD in the computer is a 3.5" vs the 2.5" for the crucial SSD.. You will have to buy that bracket you listed if you want it to fit perfectly.
Great! Thanks!

Put only one of the two 8GB sticks in, in the same slot the original 4GB stick and see if it boots up.

If it does, and recognizes all 8GB, then power it down again and install the second 8GB stick.

EDIT: Either of those Timetec kits should work. What HP says it takes and what Timetec says those are both a little vague.

Last edited:
Put only one of the two 8GB sticks in, in the same slot the original 4GB stick and see if it boots up.

If it does, and recognizes all 8GB, then power it down again and install the second 8GB stick.

EDIT: Either of those Timetec kits should work. What HP says it takes and what Timetec says those are both a little vague.
OK, Thank You. I will try that after while. I already put it all back together for now.

And as far as SSDs go, I would suggest one of these or similar from a known brand.

There's a lot of crap out there but these are at least from respectable 2nd-tier companies. No need to spend Samsung or Crucial money on this thing but don't buy anything from the likes of Ranxian, Fikwot, Gigastone, KingSpec, KingData, Ritek, Leven, Joiot, Ediloca, Vansuny, Raoyi, Risemode, Bliksem, etc, etc. All of it is garbage.

Also, no need to buy a big drive. A Windows 10 installation is what, 30GB? If you're just using it to surf then save some money and get a 240/256 gig drive. Putting a 1TB drive in something like this is a waste.

And don't clone Windows to it. Save your money on a USB adapter and just install the same version of Windows that's on it now from scratch using the Windows Media Creation Tool and give it a clean start, unless there are a bunch of HP apps or other software on it you want to keep.

All my own personal opinions of course. I enjoy messing with this stuff while many others don't want to deal with it or have the experience to be comfortable with it.

ls it possible this ls the wrong RAM altogether?
The thing is, the system wouldn't even power up with these two 8 Gb sticks installed?
I put the old 4 Gb back in, and lt fired right up.
So would the above be wrong altogether?

You need DDR3L (low voltage). The one you purchased runs at 1.5v while low voltage runs at 1.35v.

Note: Low voltage RAM can run in a non-LV slot but non-LV RAM cannot run in a LV slot.

Back