HP all in one computer, bypass password.

I have an HP all in one computer that was given to me. But It's asking for a password.
Is there a way to get around this, so I can boot it up. He was getting an network adapter error, I think it just needs a network adapter.
Lazesoft recover my password media builder home edition this was a free password bypass eliminator change what have you tool it worked quite well I was waiting for some USB thumb drives to get here and they did so she's all good.

See the reason I wanted to wait somehow maybe they updated it when it was free but this actually does have Windows 10 on it so I guess I'm good to go. I did reinstall Windows from the backup on the unit itself, so that went pretty smoothly as well took a good six seven hours I was like man is this thing hung up or is this normal?
For some reason though I don't have my touch screen now would be nice to have it but if it don't come back not the end of the world also for some reason before I reinstalled windows, my Wi-Fi mouse was working just fine now it's like flickering the pointer that is and there is a ghost image of the fingerprint icon showing on the screen I'm going to try a different mouse I don't have another one right now.
I'm wondering if I should just use a wired mouse I really don't need the wireless capability on this unit the way I have it set up.

IMG_20240622_104503274.jpg

Windows 10 should be quite good at detecting and installing correct (but not necessarily the latest) drivers for recent hardware. You may want to go to Settings > Update & Security > View Optional Updates > Driver Updates and install the ones listed. HP should also have a driver updater utility for the machine like Dell does.

You've run Windows Update at least once by now I hope, yes?

I don't know? Maybe a driver wasn't installed all the way yet or something? Anyways hooked up the wireless mouse and the wired keyboard, and the mouse is working fine.

Windows 10 should be quite good at detecting and installing correct (but not necessarily the latest) drivers for recent hardware. You may want to go to Settings > Update & Security > View Optional Updates > Driver Updates and install the ones listed. HP should also have a driver updater utility for the machine like Dell does.

You've run Windows Update at least once by now I hope, yes?
Thank you yes well I'll check it again it was late when it was done but it forced me to do some updates before it started for the first time or right after it started.

No wonder the internet seems slow it's downloading a bunch of updates right now Windows updates and one said pending restart.
I think I want to put more memory there's only four in it right now it's capable of 16

• Single channel memory architecture
  • Two 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM sockets
  • Supports up to PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB SODIMMs
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit systems

• Looks like there ls only one 4 MB in there now.

It wont help that computer has the processing power of a Stale Dorito.

E1-2500​

cpumark 596

My 12 year old laptop was around 3000.
Current pc is 45000.

E1-2500​

cpumark 596

Current pc is 45000.
memory won't help it?
Funny my compaq model dinosaur, 2010 is faster than this one.

I don't know? Maybe a driver wasn't installed all the way yet or something? Anyways hooked up the wireless mouse and the wired keyboard, and the mouse is working fine.
No, still gave me trouble, but after a few restarts due to up-dates, it (the mouse/drivers) were ok.

E1-2500​

cpumark 596

Current pc is 45000.
So will the ones linked to work for that system, they are cheap enough to at least try it.

So will the ones linked to work for that system, they are cheap enough to at least try it.
I Mean, Honestly, It's not working bad at all. Oddly, she runs BETTER using Edge instead of Slim Jet.
Now my 2010 (model, not year) ran way better with Slimjet!

Yeah, that thing is quite under-powered. The 4GB of RAM and spinning drive isn't doing it any favors, especially 10 years later. Personally, I enjoy upgrading old computers so any advice I give you will not give you a lot of return for your money.

How comfortable are you with taking it apart to replace the memory? I can't find a service manual on HP's website for it. The one video I've found regarding that specific model makes it look pretty easy, but it's showing the hard drive being swapped and not the RAM. The RAM is underneath one of those metal shields and shouldn't be too hard to get to.

Personally, I'd just put another 4GB SODIMM in it and be done. 8GB is plenty for that system and anything more would be a waste. Can't beat 5 bucks for this:

What it really needs could use is an SSD but that's a whole other conversation.

Reactions: Pew
Yeah, that thing is quite under-powered. The 4GB of RAM and spinning drive isn't doing it any favors, especially 10 years later. Personally, I enjoy upgrading old computers so any advice I give you will not give you a lot of return for your money.

How comfortable are you with taking it apart to replace the memory? I can't find a service manual on HP's website for it. The one video I've found regarding that specific model makes it look pretty easy, but it's showing the hard drive being swapped and not the RAM. The RAM is underneath one of those metal shields and shouldn't be too hard to get to.

Personally, I'd just put another 4GB SODIMM in it and be done. 8GB is plenty for that system and anything more would be a waste. Can't beat 5 bucks for this:

What it really needs could use is an SSD but that's a whole other conversation.

+1, a cheap 500GB SSD from Crucial and another 4GB stick of RAM should be all.

Back