How would my Taurus wagon do on Cars and Bids?

I submitted my 66,000 mile 1999 Taurus wagon to Cars and Bids and they replied they would list it if I agree to a no reserve listing. Not sure if I want to take that risk if it doesn't get many bids. Thoughts?
Don't expect to enhance your standard of living from it. A taurus was nothing special, trouble prone and are a dime a dozen. Just like a Crown Vic or G.M. and those are far superior to a Taurus. If you are concerned, don't put it up for auction.

still on the same thread?

Y were wagons stopped (more
buyer interest in suv? no manafacturer
proffit, lack of buyer interest?). I know, some
of these are the same thing. What can you say?
thnx !

OP, I hope you list it no-reserve and get a nice price to put all the doubters here to shame. Wagons of any sort often draw much more $$$ than most average cars they are based on. You'll easily get $5K. Here you go:
Capture.JPG

OP, I hope you list it no-reserve and get a nice price to put all the doubters here to shame. Wagons of any sort often draw much more $$$ than most average cars they are based on. You'll easily get $5K. Here you go:

The 2004 sedan sold for the same price.

The 2004 sedan sold for the same price.
Better than what folks here think he'll get either way. Will obviously vary per auction and how much fervor is generated by the seller on social media.

still on the same thread?

Y were wagons stopped (more
buyer interest in suv? no manafacturer
proffit, lack of buyer interest?). I know, some
of these are the same thing. What can you say?
thnx !
I am not sure they were ever really that popular - 60's maybe? I worked as the shop rat in high school at the local GM dealer - late 80's you could still get a caprice wagon - I think I saw 1 and we sold lots of caprice's.

You can still get a wagon from Volvo, Subaru and I think still BMW?

I am not sure they were ever really that popular - 60's maybe? I worked as the shop rat in high school at the local GM dealer - late 80's you could still get a caprice wagon - I think I saw 1 and we sold lots of caprice's.

You can still get a wagon from Volvo, Subaru and I think still BMW?
Big American boat wagons - I've never liked that genre but smaller faster Euro wagons? Always the creme de la creme. Today, you can still get a few. Volvo. Mercedes. Audi to name a few. Subaru Outback is questionably a wagon at this point. BMW doesn't have any 2022 wagons in the U.S.

I am not sure they were ever really that popular
a "family" thing like the mini van. Not a sports car, not a p/u truck, etc.
A few wrkman used them too.
I'd say "Yes, popular" in that abunch sold. Fashionable? no. Lots will not say "I drive a mini van."
& yes, they go to foreign countries, subbie nowa suv; beemer, audi, etc have'em.
Thnx ALL 4 ur comments~

Mercedes and Volvo wagons have an almost cult-like following. W123 wagons bring very high prices at auction. my affinity for the Volvo wagons is well established.

I just don’t see the same enthusiasm for Ford wagons, particularly mid 90s Ford Taurus styled, even if they’re as clean and low mileage as this one.

Mercedes and Volvo wagons have an almost cult-like following. W123 wagons bring very high prices at auction. my affinity for the Volvo wagons is well established.

I just don’t see the same enthusiasm for Ford wagons, particularly mid 90s Ford Taurus styled, even if they’re as clean and low mileage as this one.
Join "wagon elistist jerks" FB group - I can assure you, there is a cult following for all wagons but yes, the Euro performance-oriented wagons are typically what car enthusiasts are after.

"...after..."
I'm after: the MB w/OM614, it's earlier Binz models, the plymouth suburban or Wolwo copy the Duette, a
tin woodie like:

Ck out the 3rd pic or what I call the "3/4 rear" shot.
I no, I'm a lill off. (I prefer the nom de plume "Krazy").
~It went for 18,5$ in 2016 - - I cant afford any of 'em~
Any can do my 30 mi DD tho.
8^ )

Last edited:
"...after..."
I'm after: the MB w/OM614, it's earlier Binz models, the plymouth suburban or Wolwo copy the Duette, a
tin woodie like:

Ck out the 3rd pic or what I call the "3/4 rear" shot.
I no, I'm a lill off. (I prefer the nom de plume "Krazy").
~It went for 18,5$ in 2016 - - I cant afford any of 'em~
Any can do my 30 mi DD tho.
8^ )
Man, I can barely make out any of your posts here on bitog. Would love to listen to you in conversation. Is you Cajun by any chance? :ROFLMAO:

Back