How would my Taurus wagon do on Cars and Bids?

wagons way over SUVs. Now cross overs? might bring it.
(call me wagonman round here, 40 yrs of 2 wolwos, '60s darts, '70s subies etc. Mid-sz ford now (fox LTD/Merc)

Doesn't matter because you are going to list it on eBay with a reserve so high that it won't sell, like you did here:

If you actually want it to sell list it with no reserve.

Doesn't matter because you are going to list it on eBay with a reserve so high that it won't sell, like you did here:
Except I DID sell it for the same price as the Ebay reserve price, soon afterwards.

I bid $169 for you 💕 :ROFLMAO:

DE69BD02-5EB8-4853-9D00-04320E8A0EE8.jpeg

About 15 years ago, I was shocked to learn that station wagons have a "cult like" following. I learned this from a good friend's father in law (FIL).

This FIL loved his station wagon and was always on the hunt for station wagons. The FIL would travel across the country to meet up with other wagon lovers at an annual station wagon meet. All of this was shocking to me- a station wagon club with a healthy following in the USA, but so is the Star Wars following- so it proves what I like may not be the "norm".

I have no idea what this wagon will sell for- but all it takes is two bidders that have to have it, and the highest bidder price may be very healthy, and not understandable by many BITOGers.

You've taken a lot of stick over this car, atikovi, but looking at the pictures you have done a remarkable job readying this car for sale. You have detailed it better than most of the $100K+ cars I see for sale on BaT.

The car looks like it has been well cared for. I hope it finds a good home.

Scott

I submitted my 66,000 mile 1999 Taurus wagon to Cars and Bids and they replied they would list it if I agree to a no reserve listing. Not sure if I want to take that risk if it doesn't get many bids. Thoughts?
No reserve listings usually draw more traffic and a higher overall selling price. I bought my W8 Passat on C&B and would list it no-reserve for sure. I think that's a cool wagon you have. I think you will get the $5K for it - C&B is your advertiser and if you do some work on your own on social media in the wagon groups to pump the sale, I think you will get a reasonable price. Folks love wagons. FB Group to join/post it in - "Wagon elistist jerks".

Last edited:
Says the man with the most impeccable taste in cars,
2007 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L - 97k
2000 Toyota Camry 2.2L - 251k
1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L - 155k
The XJ ok, but the rest...yeah....I'd take your Taurus wagon any day.

Most sellers of no reserve cars have their friends bidding it up for them and buyers know that and turns them off. Unless of course you start it at the lowest price you're willing to take, which is often too high and turns people off too. Start low and let people get carried away in a bidding frenzy and spend more than they normally would trying to knock off the other bidders.

About 15 years ago, I was shocked to learn that station wagons have a "cult like" following. I learned this from a good friend's father in law (FIL).

This FIL loved his station wagon and was always on the hunt for station wagons. The FIL would travel across the country to meet up with other wagon lovers at an annual station wagon meet. All of this was shocking to me- a station wagon club with a healthy following in the USA, but so is the Star Wars following- so it proves what I like may not be the "norm".

I have no idea what this wagon will sell for- but all it takes is two bidders that have to have it, and the highest bidder price may be very healthy, and not understandable by many BITOGers.

Wagons rule buddy....I thought all car guys knew that? Here are mine.

20220424_134043.jpg
Capture.JPG

most my carz were waggys 1972 - '18.
Many vehicles look better to me in the "wagon variety".
Avoiding the hatch and SUV (by'n large for both) I like the utility.
Nother:
'mine' specifically
I don't like FB. There usta B an actual site on wagons. Not sure if still around. Like
here they are alot more useful (thana 'page').

Last edited:
most my carz were waggys 1972 - '18.
Many vehicles look better to me in the "wagon variety".
Avoiding the hatch and SUV (by'n large for both) I like the utility.
Same - love that long roof.

Back