How would my Taurus wagon do on Cars and Bids?

I submitted my 66,000 mile 1999 Taurus wagon to Cars and Bids and they replied they would list it if I agree to a no reserve listing. Not sure if I want to take that risk if it doesn't get many bids. Thoughts?

The no reserve thing seems to be there stick - I think they push for that with everyone other than real popular cars that will for sure sell. There job is to make money for themselves.

I can't see it being the type of car people go to cars and bids to look for. I would list it locally or maybe even AutoTrader and see if you can get the price you want.

A wagon is definitely going to do better than a sedan, but that's still a no reserve car on a site like that. Don't they let you list for free? You'll probably get at least $2k if it isn't junk.

I'm surprised the black and tan Eddie Bauer Explorer on Cars and Bids is only $3k right now, but there's probably a lot of watchers like me and it has 3 days left. I can tell you it won't sell for $3k.

98 Nissan Frontier with 93K worth
Is it 4wd, then likely more than you think.

If not, is it rust free - still more than you think.

Things that were common back in the day but no longer exist - compact trucks, full size wagons, etc have a bit of a following. Not great amounts, but you won't have to beg someone to take it either.

If a Taurus wagon is 8k, then what is a '98 Nissan Frontier with 93K worth? I could probably get $12K for it! Which is what my dad paid for it when he bought it used in 1999 with 15K on it!
If it's clean enough...

One of the most run of the mill standard Southeast issue 2000 Ranger XLTs you could get (full Harvest Gold/Prairie Tan color scheme) sold for something ridiculous like $25k on BAT. $15k truck tops new. Super low miles and very clean, but no luxury edition.

I'm curious to see what my Eddie Bauer collectible would sell for, but my reserve is an equally appealing (to me) 91-94 Explorer, and some money. My Marti Report said this item is rare.

Old cars are a weird market.

If it's clean enough...

One of the most run of the mill standard Southeast issue 2000 Ranger XLTs you could get (full Harvest Gold/Prairie Tan color scheme) sold for something ridiculous like $25k on BAT. $15k truck tops new. Super low miles and very clean, but no luxury edition.

I'm curious to see what my Eddie Bauer collectible would sell for, but my reserve is an equally appealing (to me) 91-94 Explorer, and some money. My Marti Report said this item is rare.

Old cars are a weird market.
Does any care about Taurus or specifically a wagon. No one bought a Taurus and was excited about it. 23 years later there is nothing special.

The 1989 Taurus SHO would be the one on cars and bids.

Reactions: JC1
Back