How & what pistol do you carry concealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I carry a well used Charter Arms / Off Duty .38 Special snub nose. I bought the thing for a $100 about 10 years ago off a guy in a van at a parking lot. I just really like the gun. Got a nice holster for it and it's so easy to conceal no matter what you wear. I just like it for some reason.

I'm looking for a carry piece/holster too. Completing the 2nd half of the OH CCW class this evening. No way on earth I'm going to try to wear a 1911 gov't model (Remington R1) every day. My wife's M&P Shield9 is OK, but it's hers, so I have to find something smaller/lighter for myself.

I carry a Glock 27 in a RM Lowrider supported with a Fatboy belt from Two Fools Leather in Monroe, NC . I will also carry a Glock 21 in a custom leather pancake IWB holster from time to time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
I'm looking for a carry piece/holster too. Completing the 2nd half of the OH CCW class this evening. No way on earth I'm going to try to wear a 1911 gov't model (Remington R1) every day. My wife's M&P Shield9 is OK, but it's hers, so I have to find something smaller/lighter for myself.

I have carried a Kahr CW380 in A Recluse holster for 2 1/2 years. Can't beat it.

Mostly, I carry a Glock 43 with Truglo TFX fiber optic/tritium sights with Underwood Xtreme Penetrator or Xtreme Defender ammo. I use a kydex IWB holster, except when dressed up, when I'll use an Aliengear that allows a shirt to be tucked in.

I have high hopes, and I think good odds, I'll never have to use it.

Last edited:
Glock 42 (.380) in left front pocket in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
It's small enough that I can carry everywhere, everyday.

Originally Posted By: TOMJ

Is it the blue or pink hibiscus version?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Originally Posted By: TOMJ

Is it the blue or pink hibiscus version?
smile.gif

No way, I have the purple one.

380 Taurus TCP in fabric holster with clip. clip it inside my shorts or slacks. I don't wear a belt, I'm more comfortable with suspenders. I never even know that the gun is there. Also there is always a 9mm in my glove box. Use special defensive bullets in both guns.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
XD9 tactical. Belt holster. Have to put the barrel into the watch pocket because it sticks out so far.
I have 3 Tacticals and I like them but they are almost huge !

Caught me in a transition as my department is going from .45 to 9mm, and my 642 broke last week. Typically when it isn't too hot, I carry a Glock 19 with a TLR1 in a safariland ALS paddle, usually with a spare magpul 21 rounder support side. Depending on other conditions, I AIWB the 19 without the light in a safariland 27, Carry a 26 in an ALS paddle (don't have an IWB yet for it), or pocket or AIWB a Glock 43. I have an LCP coming for really hot days. The 43 and LCP replace the 642. Truth be told, if it was totally up to me I would carry a .40 most of the time. I have four HK and four Beretta .40s that I really like. Anytime I leave town there is either an 870 or an M4 in my truck. I was driving through chattanooga when ISIS was shooting the joint up, and had a total of eight 9mm rounds on me in an LC9. Never again....

P.S.- I just got the 43 last week (replacing the 642), and I tried it with 115gr gold dots and 147 golden sabres, standard pressure. I found the Golden Sabres to be easier to manage recoil wise. Of course dang near anything kicks less than a 642, especially with +p.

Originally Posted By: 95busa
Caught me in a transition as my department is going from .45 to 9mm, and my 642 broke last week. Typically when it isn't too hot, I carry a Glock 19 with a TLR1 in a safariland ALS paddle, usually with a spare magpul 21 rounder support side. Depending on other conditions, I AIWB the 19 without the light in a safariland 27, Carry a 26 in an ALS paddle (don't have an IWB yet for it), or pocket or AIWB a Glock 43. I have an LCP coming for really hot days. The 43 and LCP replace the 642. Truth be told, if it was totally up to me I would carry a .40 most of the time. I have four HK and four Beretta .40s that I really like. Anytime I leave town there is either an 870 or an M4 in my truck. I was driving through chattanooga when ISIS was shooting the joint up, and had a total of eight 9mm rounds on me in an LC9. Never again....

P.S.- I just got the 43 last week (replacing the 642), and I tried it with 115gr gold dots and 147 golden sabres, standard pressure. I found the Golden Sabres to be easier to manage recoil wise. Of course dang near anything kicks less than a 642, especially with +p.

Me's thinking you're not a real cop.

Glock 26 9mm 124gr. or 147gr. Federal HST standard pressure is a worthy self defense combo ... For the pocket, a Ruger LCP II .380 ACP with Precision One hollow point 90gr. XTP loads are as good as it gets for the .380 round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back