How to properly wash with out contact.

I must still be doing something wrong. Around a week to week and a half I do this:

1. Power wash with white nozzle.
2. Use foam cannon to foam up car with ph neutral soap. It sits for 7-10 minutes.
3. Re- Power wash off the car with white nozzle.
4. Blow dry with new Echo PB-9010 blower.

It still has a nasty film on it. I have even used griots high PH pretreat wash with no luck. It seams I am stuck using wash mitts, and stuck making swirl marks. Even with the graphene coatings.

I must still be doing something wrong. Around a week to week and a half I do this:

2. Use foam cannon to foam up car with ph neutral soap. It sits for 7-10 minutes.

It still has a nasty film on it. I have even used griots high PH pretreat wash with no luck. It seams I am stuck using wash mitts, and stuck making swirl marks. Even with the graphene coatings.
Aren't you only supposed to go back and forth, not swirl? Clean, high quality rags/mits, etc. help. I wash daily drivers so I don't care but I think that's what I've read places...

My opinion - Two bucket wash is nonsense. If you're that concerned about it, use a different, clean microfiber for each section.
Not sure what about it is nonsense...

The idea is to remove the dirt from the mitt into a bucket separate from your wash solution.

I agree that multiple mitts/rags is better, but thar doesn't invalidate the two bucket method or even make me correct.

anyone fancy those expensive truck/RV 2 step wash soaps or something extremely expensive like bilt hammer touchless?

20 years ago, after a week of off roading in Utah, I used a touchless carwash that was recommended by the locals. It cleaned the vehicle perfectly. I've been searching for the product this particular car wash used ever since. I remember it having a unique and slightly unpleasant smell. In my searches I came to conclude (right or wrong) it was a strongly alkaline solution with an array of effective surfactants. If I were to guess, the EPA banned it....

It did as perfect a job as I have ever seen. No film, no remaining dirt, just shiny paint and clean wheels.

EDIT: Just looking up products for touchless carwashes again, it seems some start with an acidic solution, then follow up with a neutralizer.
It was not that useless "tri-color" soap so common on touchless carwashes.

Not sure what about it is nonsense...

The idea is to remove the dirt from the mitt into a bucket separate from your wash solution.

I agree that multiple mitts/rags is better, but thar doesn't invalidate the two bucket method or even make me correct.

The vast majority of dirt particles that are large enough to scratch the car quickly settle to the bottom of the bucket, assuming you aren't kicking it up and sloshing it around all the time. Plus you have a mitt that can encapsulate dirt without it touching the car really anyway, if there does happen to be some left in there. You should be using light pressure and lots of lubrication (soap) as well. Whatever dirt is on the car is far more or a problem than any small residual bits of dirt left in your wash solution and/or the mitt.

If you are contact washing, the car is going to get love marks... That is what polishing is for. JMO.

Plus high quality rags. I imagine some vehicle paint is inherently more prone to swirling. Washing a vehicle 30 to 40 times a year, even if being very careful, seems like the swirl marks will accumulate.
Dude, what is a 'rag'? These days I thought only 1,000% synthetic ceramic infused microfiber brilliance existed...

You will not get all the film off without contact. If you use a clean mitt or spong with plenty of water, you won't get swirl marks.

Back