Bilt Hamber Touchless

I've been using this lately as a presoak/prewash. BH Autofoam and Touchless are widely considered the best pre-washes you can buy as they actually remove a substantial amount of dirt. I've watched as many videos and reviews of the product as I could find, and it does appear that way. Koch Chemie and 3D Superpresoak would be a close 2nd. Most snow foams are for show and do very little cleaning. Especially the pH neutral ones. It does add another step to the process, but it's not that time consuming. Touchless is sugar based and safe for the environment as well.

This weekend I took the truck down to the beach. I decided to do a full wash Sunday to get all the sand/salt off it. I used BH Touchless in a Marolex sprayer rather than my IK Pro Foam 12. I soaked it down, then followed up with Carpro Descale. Descale is a nice soap. Cleans very well. The BH Touchless worked great on the front grill which is a pain to clean sometimes.

I also found an off-label use for Griot's Satin Tire Coating. I picked this stuff up last fall out of convenience bc I had no other tire dressing on hand. I decided to try it on all the metal frame components. It works really well. Because it's not water based like Hyperdressing it lasts longer. I have to see whether it attracts dirt or not. I had it on for a 2-week period and it held up well. It kept a dark black appearance which is what I wanted.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpeg
    Image-1.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4114.jpeg
    IMG_4114.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4116.jpeg
    IMG_4116.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4117.jpeg
    IMG_4117.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 1684159888774.jpg
    1684159888774.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 1684160014732.jpg
    1684160014732.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I’m interested in the touchless as well. I have been using Koch Chemie GSF and just bought some GreenStar though. Going to try that combo in a couple weeks.

I’m interested in the touchless as well. I have been using Koch Chemie GSF and just bought some GreenStar though. Going to try that combo in a couple weeks.
The only other products that seem to come close to BH Touchless and AF are the Koch Chemie ones you mentioned and 3D Superpresoak. I have not tried those.

Does the BH Touchless wear down ceramics like a traditional cuastic touchless car wash.

Touchless has a pH of 12. I don't know what the pH would be at a 4% PIR, which is what they recommend as a start. I would say a good coating won't have issues. Waxes and regular sealants would degrade faster.

Touchless rinses really well. Much better than most APCs. Doesn't leave any surfactants or polymers on the surface. Similar to Carpro Reset. It's also very safe. Those things don't' matter to some.

I'm on the fence whether it's really worth it. The cleaning power of BH Touchless is really impressive though. It's not cheap.

I soaked my truck with it and rinsed with a power washer. Paint was very clean.

Back