How to prevent EZ Pass transponder from being read?

Only if my Glock misfires.

A knife is just another tool. I have carried one since I was six years old. Open packages, cut fishing line, cut the tags off of my wife's new dress, peel an apple, use as a screw driver in a pinch, use as a gasket scraper, envelope opener, cut the tag end from a wire tie, cut flowers from the garden, trim fuel line to length. These are things I've used my pocket knife for in the last week.

From your comment atikovi I assume you are a city boy. Move further south and you will find that most men carry a pocket knife for very practical reasons.
Peel an apple? Thats where the vitamins are! Just saying...

A mue metal box completely enclosing the device will block radio signals. Faraday pouches are mew metal pouches. Enough layers of aluminum foil wrapped around it and closed off on all ends with block the radio signal also. The thicker the metal containment the better it is a blocking radio signals. Putting it in a dutch oven would be a very good way of blocking radio signals.

Metal boxes such as cookie tins and metal jewelry boxes would probably be also be very good.
How about an Altoids tin ?

EZ pass antennae are set up with horizontal polarity. Raise your transponder to "portrait" mode and it will be much less readable.

Also put it in the bag it shipped in as others said.

EZ pass antennae are set up with horizontal polarity. Raise your transponder to "portrait" mode and it will be much less readable.

Also put it in the bag it shipped in as others said.
This will be interesting. I got 2 replacements today at the customer service center, and they were placed in the anti read bags. But I noticed the bags were open and I had both tags on my passenger seat standing up as you say, and I drove over a $5 bridge. Ends of bags were open. No tape to close them. If I had thought of them, I would have folded them closed and laid something on top.

The tag I used on the windshield is from a totally different account (if I had to call can they substantiate car was charged 3X, probably by video and timestamp). I don’t think I’ll be charged 3X but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it. We’ll know in the morning 😡

Like if I have the transponder with me but I'm a passenger in somebody elses car so I don't want it to be read when going through a toll both. Keep it in my pocket? Down low by the floor?
In one of those mesh bags used for key fobs to keep them from being read or scanned.

Back