How safe is Paypal Friends and Family for the recipient?

Yes, its an option unless there is a forced time window. And, I wouldn't put myself in that situation.

You contact the buyer and request the check. And, you deliver the vehicle AFTER it clears.
I wouldn't buy a car like that myself from a stranger, so wouldn't expect this person to either. And like I said, I'm delivering it to his house, so would know where he lives. Yea, that could be fake too but that's a stretch.

For 9k, just have him wire the money to your bank account. Call him up and give him the details over the phone. Typically a wire is about $15. Probably less than what Paypal charges on a percentage of the 9k which is probably over $250.

For 9k, just have him wire the money to your bank account. Call him up and give him the details over the phone. Typically a wire is about $15. Probably less than what Paypal charges on a percentage of the 9k which is probably over $250.
The deal is $500 deposit, balance on delivery.

Well, no common sense in that 'deal'. Ask for cash. Or, visit buyers bank and cash his bank/personal check there.

Have him send you a wire transfer to your checking account. I think Wells Fargo charges me $30 to do this.

Worth it. Or if he banks with a bank near you, physically take that check to his bank and walk out with cash.

There would be no other way this would happen.

I used to sell a lot of items on paypal, including euro engines. A guy bought a jag engine and thought it included a bunch of stuff I stated would not be included, and was not in the photograph.

He complained to paypal and they froze the money right away, for at least 4 weeks. It was like $4200 if I recall.

i believe with F&F , the sender pays the fees instead of the usual receiver.

Depends on how it's funded.

If it's from balance/instant transfer and within the US there are no fees for anyone.

If it's funded by a credit card, you can pick which way the fees go-i.e. whether the sender or receiver pays them. It's also the same if you send internationally regardless of the funding source.

Back