How often do you wash your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the winter with all the salt, I'll check the weather and if nothing is coming in for a few days and it gets above freezing, then I use one of those brushes that hooks to a hose. Water comes out of the brush and I go over the whole car. Then I put on a sprayer and clean off the fender wells and underneath. I can do it all in about 10 minutes. Then I just drive it on the highway for another 10 and I'm done.

Its been 5 month, i dint wash it,since its so cold outside and rainy at least 1 a week. today weather is beautiful I wash she today, anyway i usually I wash 1 a week when it hot outside.

About every two weeks on the wash, but I vacuum weekly...sometimes 2-3 times weekly. Depends on how much the kids have been in the car. I Armor-All the plastic once a month.

If you don't want to wash the car as much, just keep the hubcaps and tires clean. If you do that, your car will look like it's spotless when you haven't really touched it in weeks. Bit of an optical illusion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
So it seems quite a few hear use auto washes...I was expecting a different response to those I guess...

Sounds like closed cell foam media which is pretty good since nothing sticks to it. Which helps prevent scratching cars.

Most of the microscratching that occurs is during the drying process. Usually the towels are poor quality, that are old, cheap, dropped on the ground, and the drying people use alot of pressure on the paint. All or part of this equals alot of microscratching/spider webbing. Go to Walmart and pickup some ultra plush microfiber towels or order online. Dry the car with the soft towel.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
So it seems quite a few hear use auto washes...I was expecting a different response to those I guess...

Sounds like closed cell foam media which is pretty good since nothing sticks to it. Which helps prevent scratching cars.

Most of the microscratching that occurs is during the drying process. Usually the towels are poor quality, that are old, cheap, dropped on the ground, and the drying people use alot of pressure on the paint. All or part of this equals alot of microscratching/spider webbing. Go to Walmart and pickup some ultra plush microfiber towels or order online. Dry the car with the soft towel.

+1

I hand wash my car once a week during summer, in the winter, I'll run through a touchless car wash every two weeks. I also vacum and dress all the plastic/vinyl every two weeks. This keeps the car looking good. As long as I stay on top of it, its not a chore. Its much easier to keep a car clean, versus trying to clean up a pig sty.

Used to be a daily thing when I was younger, and it would take me about 2 hours each morning. Now it's more or less a weekend thing, although I spend a good 2-3 hours at it (sometimes longer). Start with the engine bay, move onto the interior and finally the exterior. Makes it more difficult with two cars, so one gets washed one day of the the weekend, and the other the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back