How much to ask for used guns.

For those who are accomplished at trading guns, If you were to sell one in good shape, say a Home Defender 12 gauge to a friend, what percentage of new would you expect, something like 80% or somewhere around 50% or less. Assume the gun is in virtually perfect shape, just a few years old and your buddy is a good friend. Thanks very much, I appreciate your opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wwillson
Use Gunbroker as a reference, then add the shipping charges saved by being local.

This is true. You will get a good idea. But, when you say "friend" that complicates it for me. I would sell
a "friend" a little lower than the fair market value. Probably on the low end of the spectrum.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Right now with the gun stores shut down and sold out probably 2x the cost of a new gun.

Good luck with that.

I just sold two pistols last month here in the Portland area by consigning them at a gun store. Asking price was about 75% of new. One sold the 1st week and the second a week later.

BSW

Originally Posted by umungus1122
The key word here is friend. Ask whatever you think is fair considering your friendship.

Amen!

Our gun store is still open with orders arriving about 10-14 days after order. I got a S&W 686 Plus about 6 days away.
banana2.gif

They just limit 10 people inside store counting employees.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wwillson
Use Gunbroker as a reference, then add the shipping charges saved by being local.

This. It varies wildly by gun, I actually made money on my Savage 110BA selling it back to the same shop I bought it from.

Back