How Much Time Do You Spend On The Internet ?

I was surprised to find, (according to this link), people spend on average, 2-1/2 hours daily on the Internet. And it appears to be increasing every year. I can see that for retired people, especially those who live alone, and perhaps some of those that work at home. But even though my computer is on all day, I doubt I average anywhere near that.

If I'm in the market for purchasing something, I'll spend a bit more time researching it, and talking to people on forums about it. But other than here, (this is a nice place with good people for the most part), and a few gun forums, that's about it for me.

I don't do social media, (Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Tic-Tok), along with all the rest. I just never got into that. And I only use my cell phone for emergencies. Which means I don't average 2 calls a month on it, if that. I hate talking on those things.

I know when I was working I never had enough time in my day to average 2-1/2 hours of Internet time. I was too busy. Not to mention the company monitored Internet use. I saw people fired because of where they were online. Stupid to use the Internet at work, unless it's directly related to company business.

So, (if anyone cares to admit it), what is your average daily Internet time?

I was surprised to find, (according to this link), people spend on average, 2-1/2 hours daily on the Internet. And it appears to be increasing every year. I can see that for retired people, especially those who live alone, and perhaps some of those that work at home. But even though my computer is on all day, I doubt I average anywhere near that.

If I'm in the market for purchasing something, I'll spend a bit more time researching it, and talking to people on forums about it. But other than here, (this is a nice place with good people for the most part), and a few gun forums, that's about it for me.

I don't do social media, (Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Tic-Tok), along with all the rest. I just never got into that. And I only use my cell phone for emergencies. Which means I don't average 2 calls a month on it, if that. I hate talking on those things.

I know when I was working I never had enough time in my day to average 2-1/2 hours of Internet time. I was too busy. Not to mention the company monitored Internet use. I saw people fired because of where they were online. Stupid to use the Internet at work, unless it's directly related to company business.

So, (if anyone cares to admit it), what is your average daily Internet time?

This is the category I fall under. I'm thinking I spend about 3-5 hours online daily. Some days I can go without it, but those days are very rare.

This is the category I fall under. I'm thinking I spend about 3-5 hours online daily. Some days I can go without it, but those days are very rare.

My problem is that I get bored with it, yet I'm drawn back to it. It's the same with my TV. I have DirecTV, and it's without question the biggest pile of crap I've ever viewed. Over 500 channels, and all but 495 of them are pure garbage. The other 5 are questionable as to when you choose to view them. If we're home, my TV is on all day. But I don't watch it for more than a couple of hours a day. Usually before bed, because it puts me to sleep.

It reminds me of Walter Matthau in, "Grumpy Old Men". When Jack Lemon slept over. He said, "You got 3 TV's on, and you're not looking at any of them".

Yet I don't want to try something else, because I've had people tell me whatever I want to switch to is just as big of a PITA as what I have now.... So I just live with it. And my selection of quality programs has dropped, mostly because there is no quality in programming anymore.

My wife can tolerate all of these reality shows better than I can. She watches, "The Real Housewives Of New Jersey". I call it, "Fighting Painted Up Bimbo's".

The Internet is similar. It just wears you down with monotony. You go to a gun forum, and how many, "What's the best caliber for deer?" threads can you read through. So I go do something else.... Then end up coming back.

7-10 hours according to my phone, but that’s kind of wrong since I use it to listen to music/podcasts/YouTube while at home and work or I’m streaming something from YouTube to the TV with the kids.

I could see myself at 3 hours. Some portion of it is for work, looking up datasheets or task entry on a website based task tracker. Some portion is personal, mostly spent here…

Quite a bit. I work from home and I stream movies and TV shows since I don't have cable. I did give up social media a couple of months ago.

Reactions: JC1
2-3 hours a day. Mostly forums or YouTube watching people make things.

We'll watch a series, or movie at dinner time. Wife loves murder mysteries.
Its as though Hollywood only makes movies based on cops or lawyers.

NO reality TV. NO sports. NO social.

I'm in the TV busines, reality tv is to reality, what social networks are to socializing.

A LOT when the weather is crappie.

Too much when it isn't.

Most off the time on the net is 6:30AM-1:00PM pacific time. You might want to know, this is when the stock market is open. Coincidence?

Not that much on weekends. Even though, or rather, because I am retired.

I got stuff to do as soon as it gets light enough in about 20 minutes. Dirt to move!

Tax time so more now.

Amsoil does not take as much time online as some might think.

Sick Bike Parts takes a nice chunk or time. Site maintenance, CS as @Zee09 mentions, filling orders, printing labels, etc

yeah on line but running around like a chicken too................

2-3 hours a day. Mostly forums or YouTube watching people make things.

We'll watch a series, or movie at dinner time. Wife loves murder mysteries.
Its as though Hollywood only makes movies based on cops or lawyers.

NO reality TV. NO sports. NO social.

I'm in the TV busines, reality tv is to reality, what social networks are to socializing.
Pretty much all we watch are reality shows or game shows and a couple soap opera type shows. I can't take the cops or lawyers or doctors shows. House was great because it didn't treat the audience as if they were stupid but these other shows... no one talks like that in real life.

I spend too much time on Reddit. It's a train wreck that I just can't look away from.

Now that I am retired, unless i have some big project to get done, I am on on BITOG from 9 till 11:30AM.
Then on other sites from 4:30 till 7 pm. So ave 5hrs during the week.
How unproductive!

I spend some time when I first get up reading the news as I have a digital subscription to the NYT and WP. But I might have read the "paper" at the breakfast table if the newspaper boy delivered it to my front door. I look at email and texts from my daughters.

And they there is the BIG time consumer BITOG.

Almost no time on Facebook. If Facebook disappeared tomorrow I would not be bothered at all.

Between music, TV, forum browsing, shopping, etc... Way too many hours. I'm scared to quantify it. Same goes for my family.

Back