How much meat do you eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to think about it we don't eat that much red meat anymore, the occasional steak if we see a nice looking piece. We eat lots of chicken and fish/seafood. Mainly any red meat is in mince form to make things like sheperds pies etc, or cut up in casseroles.

Most of my dinners are a multi red meat plate. It's a very rare occurance to include a vegetable of any kind.

It would've been interesting to have everyone post their BMI or a body shot and see what kind of correlations could be made.
My BMI is 27.7(6'1" 210lbs) and I estimate I eat about a 1/2lb of mostly good quality meat a day, some green veggies of some sort each day, lots of carrots and potatoes, and too many apples and bananas.

I'm in perfect Nordic shape
smile.gif
6'1,175lbs,32 inch waist. I bench 235 and run 6 miles a night. I'm 47 and run circles around the 20 something's here at my job. I'd definitely post a waist up bod shot if everyone else did
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm in perfect Nordic shape
smile.gif
6'1,175lbs,32 inch waist. I bench 235 and run 6 miles a night. I'm 47 and run circles around the 20 something's here at my job. I'd definitely post a waist up bod shot if everyone else did
laugh.gif

You motivate me. It's hard for me to even get the basic "Stop eating Whoppers and drinking soda" right.. I've heard diet is 80% the battle. I used to be able to drink only water, no problem. Now, with increased workload, I'm eating [censored] again.. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!!

btw: I'm 6ft, a little heavier than I would like to be, trying to work the core.. believe it or not, it's hard to do push-ups only because of my toes. I put my shoes on real tight when I try..

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
It would've been interesting to have everyone post their BMI or a body shot and see what kind of correlations could be made.

This is me after changing my oil and eating no red meat...

Calum-Von-Moger-Bodybuilder.jpg

I eat pork, chicken or seafood most every day, usually twice a day. Minimal beef and shellfish as it tends to aggravate my gout.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9
I was very surprised (almost shocked) at how little seafood Americans eat. We're constantly told that seafood is good for you. I guess Americans ignore that advice.

But now that I think about it, I shouldn't be surprised. The typcial grocery store's meat section is mostly animal-based meats. There's little seafood
What is good about it? Heavy metals polluted waters etc.

My father died at age 54, from a stroke. My mother lived to be a month short of her 98th birthday. Both had terrible diets by today's standards. Jim Fixx the famous runner, died from a heart attack at age 52. Winston Churchill ate red meat almost daily, smoked cigars, drank heavily and lived to be 91. The gene pool you inherit (luck) plays a big part in longevity. I don't eat as much red meat as I once did, but I did have a big ribeye this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back