How many prepaid phone plan users?

I’m using pre-paid mint mobile, 30$/month for unlimited. Right now it’s 15$/month for new customers. Hard to beat it

If you're going to use a flip phone i would suggest something like T mobile since they have a plan with 1000 minuities, 1000 texts, and 1gb of data for $10 and you can just walk into any t mobile store. https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans/connect.
He shoulda mentioned that T-mobile doesn't work good in his area and he's gonna try At&T . Same with any MVNO that uses T-mobile .

Family of four. I do Tracfone, the rest are Page Plus. Not sure what they will do when PP sunsets in a year or whatever. Have had prepay for like 10 years now. I think the 3 PP lines are $5 or $6 per month, mine is more like $9. Not sure on their plan but for me, minutes, texts and MB roll over. I can easily live within whatever this cheap plan is. All four of us have iPhones.

I'm a bit frustrated with our service, we can have 1 to 3 bars of reception, yet not be able to make a text, in our home and out in the yard or about the town (it's better in the city of course). I think Verizon hates prepay. Not sure I want to go all in on a regular plan though.

I was pondering this today. My scraphauler friend has tracfone. He’s content buying a minute card as doesn’t use many minutes. I’m either buying a flip phone and going that route.
I've had a tracfone for a long time.
I just consider it to be a portable pay phone.
20 bucks every 3 months.
minutes roll over
currently I have 595 minutes available and 3000 texts available.
at my current rate of usage I suspect it will be the year 2525 before I use those minutes up

funny thing about a cellphone (especially the smartphone) is it can connect you to the world far away and disconnect your from the person sitting with you.

Some people would be wise to dump their smartphone for a flip phone. One of my co-workers that is already bad with buying scratch-offs must be blowing through money using sports gambling apps on his phone.

Mint Mobile has been good for me. So far. two years in. With all taxes and fees the 5 gig a month plan is $202 a year. Have never run out of data.

Read this before buying a phone .

The Alcatel mentioned covers bands 2,4,5 and 12 so it is fully compatible with AT&T network and will work anywhere they have coverage.

Note that the one with the AT&T logo on the front is strictly locked to AT&T own-brand and will not work with MVNOs like Pure Talk, or even fully owned MVNOs like Cricket. A separate version may be available through the MVNO.

I would suggest pre-paid and no contract are one and the same.
I haven't had a phone contract in gosh, must be getting close to 15 years.

Im not even sure if there are such a thing as contracts anymore. That is how long I have been out of the loop on this.
Always bought my own phones and the monthly voice and data was dirt cheap. I am now with a major T-Mobile because we accepted their two iPhone 13's 1.5 years ago at almsot no cost except to give them our paid for iPhone 11 and iPhone 10.
Still no contract but if we cancelled our service we would be missing out on bill credits that pay for the upfront cost of the phones.
Once we hit two years, the bill credits stop and phones fully paid for and ours to keep. If we quit earlier we would pay the remaining cost of the phones.

Our T-Mobile Magenta 55 Plus plan comes with every option imaginable right down to paying for a basic Netflix subscription and stuff we dont even use like international texting, Airplane data though that would be used sometimes. (of course unlimited, data, text and talk)
Total payment for two phones, includes all fees = Total Payment is $70.

I went to the Mint Mobile site, it says "Plus Taxes and Fees" is the $30 your actual payment?

The $15 a month is a come on that only lasts a couple months.
I usually pay in full and it comes 380$ or something like that, so with taxes and fees a little higher than 30$/month. I haven’t looked in details of the current 15$ promotion, my apologies if I confused you

I usually pay in full and it comes 380$ or something like that, so with taxes and fees a little higher than 30$/month. I haven’t looked in details of the current 15$ promotion, my apologies if I confused you
Oh not at all. It was an honest question I asked. I do that often, ask what the monthly cost/payment is because many of these cell phone companies play games with the promotional price. As Mint does and they weren't always like that. Not only do they charge tax but they charge fees.
I'm a self defender of the public *LOL*
Mint Mobile has been on my "hit" list because of this. So it cost you around $38 a month for a $30 a month plan. It will cost a new comer who signs up at $15 a month, $38 a month a few months later.

Many others like Cricket, anything Redpocket ect the price you see is the price you pay, they even include taxes in the price. So you are looking at the actual monthly payment upfront.
Always best for anyone before switching to find out, what the monthly payment will be and forget what the cell phone companies price that they are promoting.

Thanks for your reply, in no way do I want you to take my response as a negative towards you.

if a person disregards the upfront cost of a modern smart phone,
the unlimited no monthly contract phone services are pretty good

for Neanderthals like myself
who are content with a 30 dollar flipphone that will last for 5 years or more
and a 6 dollar a month phone bill a flip phone is perfect.

this is my current phone.probably 3 years old now..
IMG_0399.JPG

I broke the display the first week I had it.
phone still works,

Oh not at all. It was an honest question I asked. I do that often, ask what the monthly cost/payment is because many of these cell phone companies play games with the promotional price. As Mint does and they weren't always like that. Not only do they charge tax but they charge fees.
I'm a self defender of the public *LOL*
Mint Mobile has been on my "hit" list because of this. So it cost you around $38 a month for a $30 a month plan. It will cost a new comer who signs up at $15 a month, $38 a month a few months later.

Many others like Cricket, anything Redpocket ect the price you see is the price you pay, they even include taxes in the price. So you are looking at the actual monthly payment upfront.
Always best for anyone before switching to find out, what the monthly payment will be and forget what the cell phone companies price that they are promoting.

Thanks for your reply, in no way do I want you to take my response as a negative towards you.
So, I just double checked and last time I paid 388$ for a full year (with taxes and fees), so it comes to 32$/month, which is pretty good in my opinion for an unlimited plan. I’ve honestly haven’t looked at other pre-paid carries, but so far it’s been pretty with Mint. I’m not sure if this will change since Mint was bought out by T-Mobile, but for now me and my wife are staying with them.

Back