How many oil filters do you normally keep in your stash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see. Fours cars take the FL-1 Motorcraft so I tend to have 8 in stock and do now. Focus has 4 Motorcraft. Mazda 626 has 4 Motorcraft. Dodge has 2 Motorcraft. Sable has 4 Motorcraft. Buick and the new Mazda 3 I have bought a Wix as needed. So there are 23 up there now but the Buick is up for an oil change on Sunday. I stocked up on Motorcraft over time and during sales. They last a long time since really only two cars are true daily drivers and two are part time daily drivers while the rest are my fun cars.

I have one Wix for the Subaru, and a Motorcraft for the flex. I get those $10 off a $20 purchase coupons from o'reilly often enough that i don't need to stock up long term. The Kia gets changes at the dealer for now, so I don't have to worry yet.

4 Purolator PureOne PL14459
2 Hyundai/KIA 26300-35504
2 Super Tech ST9688
1 Purolator L14459

This is a most engaging thread.

240_Ed: I like your approach.
gfh77665: You're a most generous and well natured person.

ME:
I want the next change on hand as it creates downward pressure on making a car trips.
Having one to give a car buyer won't kill me.
6 vehicles - 11 filters
2 - Volvo.........element style-my car
1 - Ranger......spin-on-my truck
4 - Mazda.......correct Skyaktive specific-covering two relatives for the foreseeable future
3 - 2 Hondas..spin-on-relative+neighbor
1 - Acura........spin-on-my car

MY ZEN:
All the filters from OC specials which went to friends, relatives, and friends of friends because I was using "mail order" and garage sale find filters for my Volvo and all the Saabs (very common filter for the Saabs)

I'll buy oil filters at a deal or on clearance.
The two newer Accords and the newer Subie all call for the same oil filter which could also be used on the oldest Accord and the older Forester.
I no longer do the short drains I once did and so go through less oil and filters than I used to.
The shortest runs I now do are on the newer Forester at the recommended 6K.
I figure that most makers know what they're talking about with drain recommendations and that shorter drains will not make up for any designed in engine problems.

Thanks to Chris or Subyrubieroo I now have about 19 oil filters for the ole' 09 Camry
grin2.gif

I used to keep more but I'm currently carrying 3 oil changes worth for both vehicles. I still have probably at least a half dozen or more of the Toyota cartridge filters leftover from the now totaled out RAV4 as well as a 6 quart case of Toyota WS ATF that I haven't decided what to do with yet. I think I'll probably continue to just keep a couple on hand in the future too.

Originally Posted by wemay

2 Super Tech ST9688
1 Purolator L14459

Just found another one...

2 Super Tech ST9688
1 Purolator L14459
1 CarQuest R85334

My personal fleet I order the 5/6 packs off Amazon and reorder after I use the last one. Otherwise both Fleet Farm and Menards are in equal 5 min drives in opposite directions from me (tho the local Menards has seem to start minimizing their filter selection).

I really don't keep much in stock nowadays...with Amazon but a click away, that's what I do. Figure...let Amazon do the storage for me.

2 Super Tech ST9688
1 Purolator L14459

Just found another one...

2 Super Tech ST9688
1 Purolator L14459
1 CarQuest R85334